• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

39 Reds

poolman

Ok so I got a buddy that I've finally talked into a set of stickies, I run 43, sx and that's to much for his yota axles, as we all know. I called goforth and the 39 is the same price as the 43 sx, where's the best price for a set of 39 reds? Or is that about right? thumb.gif

Call Daves.. I called a certain someone also , and then wondered why I'm the hell everyone talked about how good the "deals" we're ... Pffffff SHITIN ME!!! Don't know bout reds, but he smoked that ass on treps and 43's ..

honestly his best bet would be to hunt around on here or other forums and find a smoking deal then jump on them. for what I have in my set of 4 that are just broke in with double beadlocks is about what two brand new tires cost. just a thought

His yota axles aren't really gonna like the 39 reds either, they are a heavy tire if he's stuck on stickys maybe drop to a 37 so he can still enjoy giving them a beating :)

POR said:
His yota axles aren't really gonna like the 39 reds either, they are a heavy tire if he's stuck on stickys maybe drop to a 37 so he can still enjoy giving them a beating :)

true story. If we're calling "yota axles" mini-truck axles since that's what most folks call them.
If we're talking cruiser-yota axles, then 39's are perfect.

I'm running reds with aluminum Racelines on built yota axles in a lightweight buggy with no problems. My reds are half tread at best though. I don't think my axles would last with a new set of reds. Let someone else take the hit on new tires and break them in too. Buy a good set of used reds and rock on.

ive been running 39 reds on mini truck axles for over a year. only thing ive broke is one set of hub studs and ive got a really heavy foot!

There older longs, with drive flanges, I think he'll take his chances, he's not a heavy foot guy more of a crawler loller.gif

ya i run built yotas with older longs the only issue i have had with 38'' sxs is breaking the junk lunch box locker in the front. haven't ran my 39'' reds yet but just went ahead and upgraded to a hi pinion front 3rd. should be fine its all in driving style.

Re: Re: 39 Reds

5onrocks said:
I'm running reds with aluminum Racelines on built yota axles in a lightweight buggy with no problems. My reds are half tread at best though. I don't think my axles would last with a new set of reds. Let someone else take the hit on new tires and break them in too. Buy a good set of used reds and rock on.
Reds work better with less tread. The new longer blocks tend to fold. Comp guys use to shave them down when new to prevent this, and thus the reason they make half treads that are new.

LandSpeeder said:
true story. If we're calling "yota axles" mini-truck axles since that's what most folks call them.
If we're talking cruiser-yota axles, then 39's are perfect.

You sir are a smart man thumb.gif

stuftmunky2k said:
ya i run built yotas with older longs the only issue i have had with 38'' sxs is breaking the junk lunch box locker in the front. haven't ran my 39'' reds yet but just went ahead and upgraded to a hi pinion front 3rd. should be fine its all in driving style.

I agree with this, I'm not saying you need 60's to rock, I have built yota axles in my toy and it gets beat like a redheaded stepchild but I break a lot of third members. I run 40 iroks on omf aluminum beadlocks, tire and wheel combo is super light. Lighter than just one of my 39 red label tires. But if you drive sanely you could make them survive

poolman said:
I called goforth and the 39 is the same price as the 43 sx, where's the best price for a set of 39 reds? Or is that about right? thumb.gif

Krawlers can be had for less than that. Find a racer who can get them for you.

POR said:

They are really not that heavy. Probably one of the lighter 39ish size available, I would say.