• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4th Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom Co.) Snow Run!

The road (HWY 542) to the shed is fairly flat, its 2000ft where we will off-load the trailers. Its a gradual climb to 2000ft. from 500ft to 2000ft its 15 miles. I plan on towing up this year.

As for the road, once we get the switch backs it gets nice and steep.

Relatively flat with a couple moderate short climbs, but nothing bad as Jakob mentioned....definitely nothing like I-5 South at Conway hill. :awesomework: Or even Bow Hill on I-5 North...you could come up hwy 9 to avoid both...:redneck:

One thing was brought to my attention...there's no mention of whether a Forest service pass is required. Is it Jakob?

Are you talkin about the Mt Baker highway to get there? Or the road up to the lakes?
You could totally drive the Runner up here for this if you're worried about the tow rig...I'ma bring the Cherokar again I think!:redneck: (since my trans is dead in the truck...:booo:)

cherocar probly has a better heater any way.....:haha:

The road (HWY 542) to the shed is fairly flat, its 2000ft where we will off-load the trailers. Its a gradual climb to 2000ft. from 500ft to 2000ft its 15 miles. I plan on towing up this year.

As for the road, once we get the switch backs it gets nice and steep.

hopefully the drive to the snow shed isnt one sheet of ice again!!! that was a little sketchy last year!:masturbanana[1]::redneck:

One thing was brought to my attention...there's no mention of whether a Forest service pass is required. Is it Jakob?

It depends. The place Sam and Andy parked at last year supposedly required a sno-park permit (NOT a forest pass) -- but since there was no snow, you usually won't get a ticket. (This is what the guy from the Nordic club told me today)

If ya'll remember the little offshoot road right after the road up to twin lakes started, thats where I prefer to park this year. If the snow level stays above 2000' we should be able to get trailers in there, and it won't require a forest pass.

It depends. The place Sam and Andy parked at last year supposedly required a sno-park permit (NOT a forest pass) -- but since there was no snow, you usually won't get a ticket. (This is what the guy from the Nordic club told me today)

If ya'll remember the little offshoot road right after the road up to twin lakes started, thats where I prefer to park this year. If the snow level stays above 2000' we should be able to get trailers in there, and it won't require a forest pass.

:awesomework:

cherocar probly has a better heater any way.....:haha:

hopefully the drive to the snow shed isnt one sheet of ice again!!! that was a little sketchy last year!:masturbanana[1]::redneck:

Ya that was crazy! I saw 4 cars spun out on my drive up last year lol

oh yes thats a must.. that was so good!

YUMMMMY!

I prefer where we parked last year if there is even any snow on the ground at all

I second that beings I am rocking a 2wd again....

I have my vote on who to break trail:cool:...... ^^^^^^^^

Quit fawkin' around and get the red sled goin', then you don't have to worry! Well, maybe just a little....YOU did put it back together afterall! :haha: