• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.0 EGR Delete?

mudmaster

Does anyone know if I will fail the emmissions test if I do an EGR delete on my 2004 6.0?

Possibility that you may fail the visual. I thought that's all they do is visually inspect to make sure the catalytic converter is there and check for codes. I know that you can leave the egr valve in for visual purposes and it will open and close like normal and won't throw codes.

They've done the tailpipe on mine the last 2 times. I know how to keep it from throwing a code. I'm wondering if with an EGR delete if it will still pass the tailpipe part of the test??

They've done the tailpipe on mine the last 2 times. I know how to keep it from throwing a code. I'm wondering if with an EGR delete if it will still pass the tailpipe part of the test??
If you have an sct tuner you can turn off the egr valve and see if it passes before you remove the cooler all together. I don't really see how it can fail since the egr valve isn't constantly open but then again I don't have to have mine tested. On a side note if they checked exhaust emissions on your truck our state is stricter on diesel emissions than california. They do a visual and smoke test.

They can/will only check for missing emmisions equipment if going for an emmisions waiver. If it'll pass emmisions and there is no check engine light on, you can get away it.

I will say I know of one 6.0 not saying who's :D that has no cat, no egr, modified injectors, and turbo and passes emissions with flying colors every time. And yes they do the in the pipe test on the diesels unlike the gassers that just get plugged in.

I will say I know of one 6.0 not saying who's :D that has no cat, no egr, modified injectors, and turbo and passes emissions with flying colors every time. And yes they do the in the pipe test on the diesels unlike the gassers that just get plugged in.

Opacity test, they aren't even checking the co, co2, or nox. If you don't smoke, you'll pass every time. That reminds me, I need to dial my tuner back before I go test.:mad:

Opacity test, they aren't even checking the co, co2, or nox. If you don't smoke, you'll pass every time. That reminds me, I need to dial my tuner back before I go test.:mad:

Damn I'm glad I live further south. Having to take time out of my schedule to do emissions testing would be great. I can just log on and order my tabs and just roll down the road.

i have a 04 6.0 egr delete, power max turbo, mbrp down pipes and up pipes, cat delete pipe, and banks monster exhaust edge platnium with attitude and a few more mods....

o wait i live in arlington i don't have emissions :D

BUT when i did my egr delete kit i asked Dynomite if i would still be able to pass emission and they told me yes i would they have done hundreds of them

also on the 04 engine for the egr delete they just cap and band the port off so visually you really can't tell and no one is going to climb up in there and search hard with a mirror to see that ......also if you are not blowing a ton of black smoke you should pass fine ...

also on the 04 engine for the egr delete they just cap and band the port off so visually you really can't tell and no one is going to climb up in there and search hard with a mirror to see that ......also if you are not blowing a ton of black smoke you should pass fine ...

year has nothing to do with it, only the cheap ass buying the kit. They do make a kit that just plugs the hole and keeps the pipe in place and those are not recommended.

the earlier 04 6.0 are running a 03 engine and the turbo sits differently there for you can't see down to where the egr pipe is....also i am not a cheap ass i am into my 6.0 over 10k and that does not include injectors and that is only 10k into the engine.....

turbo sits the same early or late the only difference being the bolt pattern on the turbo, which also makes the mount a little different but in the end there is no difference in how it sits or what you can see.
The reason for not doing just a simple block off plate is they have been known to fail (personal experience) and can cause the same problem as not being blocked at all. I simply stepped up the pocket book and bought a real delete no more worries.
As far as 10k I've been there and back again but not sure really what that has to do with not spending a little extra to do something right the first time as it's just not that much more.

turbo sits the same early or late the only difference being the bolt pattern on the turbo, which also makes the mount a little different but in the end there is no difference in how it sits or what you can see.
The reason for not doing just a simple block off plate is they have been known to fail (personal experience) and can cause the same problem as not being blocked at all. I simply stepped up the pocket book and bought a real delete no more worries.
As far as 10k I've been there and back again but not sure really what that has to do with not spending a little extra to do something right the first time as it's just not that much more.

i didn't do just a simple block off plate i recieved an new pipe however the pipe still had the port is was plugged capped and banded...i have been running it for a few years now with no problems .... when i did my delete i don't think that the solid pipe kit was available yet... i got the kit thru dynomite i didn't just go buy the cheapest solution i could find on the internet....as for the 10k comment it was in response to your cheap ass remark.. i don't buy cheap **** for my vehicals and thats what i was trying to imply....
as for the turbo bolt pattern yes the turbo sit the same but the manifold is slightly different not only in bold pattern but visually my buddy has a newer 6.0 and we parked them side by side when i was doing my mods to see some of the differences no biggie though
my point was that the emission department isn't going to climb up there with a mirror to get a good look down there

yha, like any of the monkeys working for dot would have a clue what there looking at.

in Wa, diesels get a snap check for smoke.

if even my old dodge passed, then 99% of every one else's shuld as well..... unless you physicly have some thing wrong...

yha, like any of the monkeys working for dot would have a clue what there looking at.

in Wa, diesels get a snap check for smoke.

if even my old dodge passed, then 99% of every one else's shuld as well..... unless you physicly have some thing wrong...

you'd be surprised, the last girl yes girl that did my emission test was quite knowledgeable about the 6.0 surprised the hell out of me, but she was cool about it all:cool:.

And I understand the cheap ass comment I made was a bit rough should have used better words.
But I've been around the 6.0 for a long time and seen some bad ideas over the years and been the Ginnie pig for many of them. And hate to see people follow in others mistakes.
As far as the manifold yes one has a cross bar and the other don't.

Well after looking at the link and reading this thread i can definately say I am a cheap ass.

I removed pipe, knocked in the right size steel freeze plug into each side of the joint and just put a few tach welds on the edge for safe keeping.
put it back together and called it bypassed.