• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

65t or 75t motors?

darius

Shorter than LRZ
I am thinking about picking up some 65 or 75 turn motor's for my clod. Will these be low enough, or should I end up with some 9t pinion's. I have 55t motor's right now and they crawl pretty well, I am getting really used to having the extra tire speed, but would like a little more slow speed control. So the Question is, where do I find some 65 or 75t motors?

Check out the vendor section on RcCrawler.com, Tammieshobbies. They have some Axiom lathe motors. They are Integy's that have been tweaked and dynoed. They have more power and they are smoother than regular Integy motors. More precise throttle control and steadier RPM's. Integy motors tend to fluctuate RPM's, they aren't as consistent. They cost a couple dollars more, but well worth it in my opinion.

I am wondering, what does a higher turn motor do for you? I am running a 55 Integy now, what are the benefits of going to a 65 or modded 55? Always tweaking, you know...

65 turn more torque less rpm,,75 turn even more torque and less rpm...you would do well with a 65 I think because of your wheels speed (baterries)will still be there and you will have more torque.

go with the axiom from tammies they are 24..?? each and they had it to me in 2 days

I'm actually thinking about picking up a 65T for my 2.2. I think the Stealth tranny isn't geared as low as I'd like, and it seems to lack torque with the 55T when using a 6 cell.

(2) 65 turns in the super to compensate for those alum rims,next up is a A123racing adjustable voltage battery (lithium ion) to get the wheel speed back up

Todd, what spur and pinion are you running my 2.2 is geared so low with the t-3 trans it is ridiculous. The t-3 and stealth the same, correct.

I run a 65 turn axiom in the 2.2 with a 17 tooth pinion and 84 spur with 8 cells. Works good for how I drive. I usually only put the 6 cell in for Brittany so reduce the wheel speed.
Nathan

I'm running 12 / 87 on the Stealth. Problem is that I don't know what it came out of, or what generation it is. I think the ratio is higher in a buggy tranny, and I know some of the trucks came with different ratios.

Of course it might be just me being used to the dual motors. I don't think I've ever been able to stall both ends at once, but with a single motor, you don't have the ability to the unloaded end to frewheel.

I think I just need to buy another 8 cell pack, and I won't have to worry about it, and it costs the same as a motor.

well I just got some new 65t motor's, still using the stock 13t pinions. I'm really happy with them. It eliminated a lot of the axle stall that it used to have so badly. It's just the right amount of crawl, maybe goes 3 or 4mph at top speed. I like it, plenty torque, pretty much never stall's out the motor's anymore and it's still got a little tire speed left to bump up stuff. only played with one other guy's crawler's, and mine pretty much hand's them their asses. I've gotta get out and play around with some other people and see if I did anything right. I've still gotta mount a body on the thing too. Dang these thing's are expensive

and here I am running 10T double wind motors... crying about 27t's

Guess I needa look into crawler RC's now.