• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

96 suburban front heater core.

Anthony1

I have a 96 suburban with a 6.5 td and 221k miles. For some reason the front heater core keeps taking a ****, any ideas why? The main core on the first one started leaking but the last two started leaking around the inlet tube. They are from Napa.

It's mounted with all the factory stuff. I was wondering if it could be a bad radiator cap so it's creating to much pressure?

I have a 96 suburban with a 6.5 td and 221k miles. For some reason the front heater core keeps taking a ****, any ideas why? The main core on the first one started leaking but the last two started leaking around the inlet tube. They are from Napa.

More than likely quality and materials used and quite possibly as stated due to electrolysis. The best fix I have found is to ground the heater core.

More than likely quality and materials used and quite possibly as stated due to electrolysis. The best fix I have found is to ground the heater core.
I remember a mid 90's Chevrolet coming in constantly for the same thing. Cannot have enough grounds so yes ground the core.