• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A buggy's build

Ty.

So, now that the shop is built, and the project is moved in it is time to start some basic planning. I think I'm going for someplace in the 101 to 103, or possibly 104 wheelbase range.
First pic is set at 103", and the second is at 101". The belly is at 17 inches the tires are bald 39's, but I plan on running 42's.

This build is probably going to take a while to really take off, but you gotta start somewhere.
It is going to be a learning experience for me, but I am really looking forward to it.

Does anything look wrong with the basic wheelbase layout? Too long or short? Too high, or low? Tire placement O.K.? (fore, and aft)

Attachments

• 2012-04-09_17-34-33_668.jpg
    2012-04-09_17-34-33_668.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 345
  • 2012-04-09_17-37-46_10.jpg
    2012-04-09_17-37-46_10.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 347
just wheel it already!!!

sweet ty..looks good. im sure there will be plenty of input coming at ya...you got some dana 30s for it? :redneck: and that rear link looks a lil weak..

i have no useful knowledge to give ya but i can give you this:awesomework:,or since im jealous :flipoff:

Whats the plan for axles? If I remember correctly, it was sold with a set of 14 bolts?

Motor, tranny, t case?

Details man.:D

And in my uneducated opinion, I say 103".:awesomework:

just wheel it already!!!

sweet ty..looks good. im sure there will be plenty of input coming at ya...you got some dana 30s -So I can come down out of the mountains, and buy axles off you again?- :redneck: for it? :redneck: and that rear link looks a lil weak..

i have no useful knowledge to give ya but i can give you this:awesomework:,or since im jealous :flipoff:

No room for the cooler thats whats wrong :beer:
The EXPERIMENTAL rig will have to handle that duty.:awesomework:
Whats the plan for axles? If I remember correctly, it was sold with a set of 14 bolts?Yes. gonna shave them, and do the front, and rear steer

Motor, tranny, t case? Vortec V-6 TH 350 and an Atlas

Details man.:D^^^^ There's some basics that I'm `pretty sure on. I don't want to rattle off much more ideas than that on the inter-net before it actually starts to take shape.... Talk is cheap, so I gotta start making progress on it soon.

And in my uneducated opinion, I say 103".:awesomework:I'm leaning toward the 103+ myself.

That's sweet you going to run a 14 bolt front. I have been kicking the idea around for a while now on my ****. Just something different.