• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

adapter guidance

kaptain kraker

ok guys i need some help ... i want to put a 93-96 4.3 into my yota ... im not sure about if i should keep toy 5 speed or do the t350 ... ill be keeping my triple toy cases . also would a powerglide be a good tranny , got one of each ,, lol im just trying to figure out which adapter to buy...also any tips from the guys who have done it , please ... 86 sas toybuggy
i like to crawl and mostly drive in 4 th ...lol ....

I did a V8 swap and used an overdrive trans. It will all depend on you. If you like the stick keep the 5 speed. I feel that an auto is a little better and the slip allows more forgiving than a clutch does. I would vote for the auto with a large cooler and build it good.

ok guys i need some help ... i want to put a 93-96 4.3 into my yota ... im not sure about if i should keep toy 5 speed or do the t350 ... ill be keeping my triple toy cases . also would a powerglide be a good tranny , got one of each ,, lol im just trying to figure out which adapter to buy...also any tips from the guys who have done it , please ... 86 sas toybuggy
i like to crawl and mostly drive in 4 th ...lol ....

I would think twice about your tripple cases. All that torque the 4.3 will produce with a ton of deep gearing is going to kill diff parts pretty easily or shorten there life span.

As for a toy tranny behind a 4.3--I would not use anything below 151r. Anything weaker again will have a short life span.

One thing that will help is the th350 with what gearing you want to run--the tranny will help lesson the shock loads--but typicly you don't that deep of gearing (tripple cases) with with an auto---plus get good brakes.

yeah the triple cases r staying , lol and the 4.7 in both back case ... locked front with detriot with 5.29 and longfeilds with longs drive flanges and rear full spool with 5.29 and strange axles i think .. 5 speed was cool , i liked it for going down hills , in super low u could slither down the steepest hills , suck the rear end down and do ur thing ...i dont know if i will be able to do that with an auto

yeah the triple cases r staying , lol and the 4.7 in both back case ... locked front with detriot with 5.29 and longfeilds with longs drive flanges and rear full spool with 5.29 and strange axles i think .. 5 speed was cool , i liked it for going down hills , in super low u could slither down the steepest hills , suck the rear end down and do ur thing ...i dont know if i will be able to do that with an auto

your 5.29's actually hold up to that gearing

Def keep the cases if you're not going through rear output shafts I wouldn't worry about it .

When I started my 4.3 swap I must have read 100 build threads and asked alot of questions. The majority of guys I talked to that kept the Toy 5sp later wished they did an auto instead after the fact.

I'm not finished yet so I don't know 1st hand but mine has a CPI 4.3/TH350/Toy twins/5.29's

When I started my 4.3 swap I must have read 100 build threads and asked alot of questions. The majority of guys I talked to that kept the Toy 5sp later wished they did an auto instead after the fact.

I'm not finished yet so I don't know 1st hand but mine has a CPI 4.3/TH350/Toy twins/5.29's
I ran a similar setup, with the torque of the 4.3 you don't need more than 2 stock cases. Anything more and its a total waste of space of space and money. The thing the Toy guys aren't used to is power that's the difference here as you don't need 3 cases with the 4.3. You will have plenty of power, and gearing to slow you going down hills as well as low crawl.

well guys im still on the fence ... im leaning towards the 350 with reverse valve body no shift kit , thats the recomondations from the peeps .. i need more input , any tranny mods .. i already have the 151 5 speed and a 56w or 57w whatever it is .. lol .. and a powerglide . the powerglide was in a drag car so its been worked , stall , transbrake , all the crazy stuff for a drag car ... so i wont be using that , but ill sell it or trade it for an adapter , hint hint ,, lol ... also ill be running 42's... so i need the gearing , id like 44's but already have the 42's .. also have 5 38.5 x 14.50 x15 sx's with 75 % tread for sell or trade

Have you priced out the bell housing and all the clutch componants needed? When I looked at adapting my R150F I about ****! I sold the R150 and the tcase adapter for enough to buy a TH350 w/toy adapter installed. :cheer: