• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Adjustable drop hitches

War-Jeeper

Mailbox Killing War-Ho
So my adjustable drop hitch that i have had for 4 years is rusting to peices and im looking at the options for replacing it. Not buying the same unit as it didnt hold up as well as id hoped.

Reason for the adjustablity is i have a 3 rail dirt bike trailer thats super low and then my car hauler which has an unsually high tongue.

Been looking at the diversitech one but the weird locking mechanism has me wondering about longevity of it working properly (this hitch lives on my truck hardly ever comes off) http://www.diversi-tech.net/Home Page.htm

Or the Rapid hitch ones http://www.andersenhitches.com/Catalog/rapid-hitch.aspx

Or what else is out there???

Price doesnt bother me as i use this thing ever weekend pretty heavily so im willing to spend coin to get a quality product:cool:

Both are nice hitches. I have both- but like the diversitech better. When you are ready to buy one let me know. I sell em! I will get you the best price around!

Both are nice hitches. I have both- but like the diversitech better. When you are ready to buy one let me know. I sell em! I will get you the best price around!

Sweet good to know:cool:

I wanna see what folks have to say about both and then i will let ya know:awesomework:

What hitch do/did you have that you don't like (so others can avoid it).

I like that diversitech, too bad the adjustable one is only rated for 10K. My trailer is 14K and I do haul things other than my trail rig on it....

Just out of curiosity, XO how much is a 4" version of the adjustable one......

Sam we have a bunch of customers who use the diversitech and they all seem to like it...

Thats good to know, im just curious about the longjevity of the interesting locking mechanism ya know.

Apprently this month is upgrade trailer and accsseories lol:mad:

What hitch do/did you have that you don't like (so others can avoid it).

I like that diversitech, too bad the adjustable one is only rated for 10K. My trailer is 14K and I do haul things other than my trail rig on it....

Just out of curiosity, XO how much is a 4" version of the adjustable one......

I had this hitch before

http://store.actionaccessoriesllc.com/prostores/servlet/Search?category=ADJUSTABLE+BALL+MOUNTS

what hitch do/did you have that you don't like (so others can avoid it).

I like that diversitech, too bad the adjustable one is only rated for 10k. My trailer is 14k and i do haul things other than my trail rig on it....

Just out of curiosity, xo how much is a 4" version of the adjustable one......

$225

I dont like my hitches to be adjustable or more than ONE piece.

Get a nice SOLID steel ball mount for the car trailer, and get a light duty hollow one for the bike trailer.

One HD mount and one normal duty mount together are still way cheaper than an adjustable one.

Get a nice SOLID steel ball mount for the car trailer, and get a light duty hollow one for the bike trailer.

One HD mount and one normal duty mount together are still way cheaper than an adjustable one.

Ya but what about the rental trailer ya get every now and again? Or when i replace my trailer?

I dont like buying multiple hitches:redneck::haha:

Ya but what about the rental trailer ya get every now and again? Or when i replace my trailer?

I dont like buying multiple hitches:redneck::haha:

Well, since your first hitch was a complicated POS and needs to be replaced with another one,,,,,,,,

Sounds like your already buying multiple hitches. :D

No kidding, all of these adjustable doodads are silly. Having a few different ball mounts and a duplex hitch will let you tow anything with absolute confidence. My dads dodge has a duplex hitch and after using it I'm ruined. I'll be adding to my hitch on my Ford when I swap the flat bed onto my four door. :D

i have the diversitech one i like it. I have left it in my pickup for almost a year and no problem with the locks. I just make sure the covers are on right so no road crap gets in the. Like i said im happy with it.

Well, since your first hitch was a complicated POS and needs to be replaced with another one,,,,,,,,

Sounds like your already buying multiple hitches. :D

Over a 4 year span of time though:awesomework:

i have the diversitech one i like it. I have left it in my pickup for almost a year and no problem with the locks. I just make sure the covers are on right so no road crap gets in the. Like i said im happy with it.

Keep hearing lots of good on the diversitech ones so far!

I can't stand the slop alot of the adjustable hitches have...I have been running the same 4" drop hitch for well over 10yrs, with no issues, and no slop...
For my quad trailer, I have a hitch set up with a 2" ball...
For any I may borrow, I have a few other hitches with various size balls on them that I have picked up over the yrs...needless to say I am "hitch rich"!:redneck:

Last edited:
I was going to chime in and say I'm not a adjustble hitch guy but didn't want to :stirpot:

Than chopshop :fawkdancesmiley:

Not to mention I dont like the idea of ALUMINUM between my 10K trailer and my truck.

Pretty sure most of my hitches (stole from wrecking yard) were at least 4 years old before I recycled them into years of new service.

Just admit it Sam, your a gadget guy. (not as bad as Jacob lol!) :corn: :redneck:

Not to mention I dont like the idea of ALUMINUM between my 10K trailer and my truck.

Pretty sure most of my hitches (stole from wrecking yard) were at least 4 years old before I recycled them into years of new service.

Just admit it Sam, your a gadget guy. (not as bad as Jacob lol!) :corn: :redneck:

I do like my adjustable hitches but thats where the fancy gadgets end for me:redneck::fawkdancesmiley:

I run the rapid hitch in the 10" flavor, my only complaint is the slop. take the ball off and it maks for a good car stop when people forget to "hit the brakes".