• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Adjustable drop hitches

Not to mention I dont like the idea of ALUMINUM between my 10K trailer and my truck.

Pretty sure most of my hitches (stole from wrecking yard) were at least 4 years old before I recycled them into years of new service.

Just admit it Sam, your a gadget guy. (not as bad as Jacob lol!) :corn: :redneck:

Never seen or heard of one failing...

I can't stand the slop alot of the adjustable hitches have...I have been running the same 4" drop hitch for well over 10yrs, with no issues, and no slop...
For my quad trailer, I have a hitch set up with a 2" ball...
For any I may borrow, I have a few other hitches with various size balls on them that I have picked up over the yrs...needless to say I am "hitch rich"!:redneck:

X2. Just the slop of the receiver is enough to annoy someone... Solid hitches made/ or bought to fit the truck. If you sell the truck, sell the hitches or keep them for the next truck if they work. Between me and my dad, we have enough hitches to fit all truck we have owned.

I run the rapid hitch in the 10" flavor, my only complaint is the slop. take the ball off and it maks for a good car stop when people forget to "hit the brakes".

Can you hear it banging around when your driving or what?

My current one has zero slop at all, the diversitech ones have little screws to hold the hitch in place to keep the slop noise from happening i guess

Never seen or heard of one failing...

Same here

Mine has had 14K behind it no issues:redneck: I am king of overloaing trailers and hitches though

Had the diversitech or whatever, gave it to my brother. The ball things on the top (anti-rattle things) had popped out, fit like crap in the receiver and had to occasionally spray some pb in it to get the mechanism to unlock. I tow a lot and just ran around unloaded with it in the receiver though. Aluminum looks terrible once it gets weathered.

Tow a 28' enclosed with a camper, super hitch and extension, so I am using a WD set up now. Adjusting ball height is easy now, just pick a receiver.

I have always wondered about the aluminum drop hitches that use the pin to lock though.

Can you hear it banging around when your driving or what?

Mostly during start and stop/braking to avoid some dumb **** that cut me off. If you want to check it out stop by the house. Just shoot me a text. PM'd ya my #.