• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alabama storms?

just talked to my pops who lives about 4 miles from me, took him 3 hours to get home (15-20 miles). he said theres trees down everywhere and all of the roads leading to his house were blocked with trees across the road. luckily he didn't get any major damage, a few trees down in his yard. 1 missed his camper by a few feet and one missed his shop barely, the limbs are actually up against the door.

I guess I will have to go the backway home to be able to get to my house. crossing my fingers there is no damage and that our power is on! I have a stupid final to finish up before the weekend

InDaShop said:
What plant do you work at?

Its not at one of these?

1410 Red Hat Rd
Decatur, Alabama 35601

2024 Highway 20 West
Decatur, Alabama 35601
Nope those are right across from me though...I work for 3M. The one on Red Hat I suspect is New Core Steel. Heard they got hit hard. Best I can tell...It hit there, went up and skipped over us and dropped down on the other side. Thats just a guess from the damage reports though. What power provider do you work for? We're on Decatur Utilities grid.

Draco said:
Nope those are right across from me though...I work for 3M. The one on Red Hat I suspect is New Core Steel. Heard they got hit hard. Best I can tell...It hit there, went up and skipped over us and dropped down on the other side. Thats just a guess from the damage reports though. What power provider do you work for? We're on Decatur Utilities grid.

my bro n law works for nucor, and he said they got hit pretty hard.

Reed Timmer from Storm Chasers just posted on Facebook that everyone in Tuscaloosa better take cover. He is chasing a storm that is now a wedge. He said it is moving fast!!

bigsilly said:
Reed Timmer from Storm Chasers just posted on Facebook that everyone in Tuscaloosa better take cover. He is chasing a storm that is now a wedge. He said it is moving fast!!

Funny, that guy has 5000 "friends"

Julie was driving home today

Me - "Julie, there is a tornado warning in Terry....where are you..."

Julie - "Passing Terry High School on I-55"

Me - "Is it raining?"

Julie - "Holy **** is it raining...."

Me - "Find a bridge, get under it"

Julie - "you know you get double life insurance if I die in my company car"

Me- "I think you can beat it, keep driving "

:D

Lee Wolfe just posted a pic to FB of the Tornado in tuscaloos. It is over the top of byrant denny. I hope everyone is ok!

whiskeymakin said:
mom said tuscaloosa got hit hard

Just got word that it leveled krispy kreme, big lots, milos, taco casa, mattress king and a lot more. Prayers go out to all that are there.
I am glad I am in Antigua. My mom said that was the scariest thing she has ever experienced.

Always hate to hear about storm damage, thoughts to everyone affected.

However, big storms bring in the money for us!

Cole said:
Just got word that it leveled krispy kreme, big lots, milos, taco casa, mattress king and a lot more. Prayers go out to all that are there.
I am glad I am in Antigua. My mom said that was the scariest thing she has ever experienced.

Glad your mom is ok man... was just about to shoot ya a text and check on you... prayers going out to everyone involved

Watched the storm as it rolled around downtown B'Ham on the weather channel. That was crazy, that storm was HUGE. Hope everyone over there made it out okay. Cole glad to hear your family is safe.

Ok got it. I'm on my phone because we don't have power. Hope those aren't huge.
The first used to be a big BBQ place and the second is part of a house.
Most of the houses were gone...completely. taken on hwy20 west from Decatur to Florence.

[attachment deleted by admin]

my wife is in cleveland,tn and she said they got hit hard also the house beside mine lost a rook and landed on another house in front mine. Tornado went right beside my house. It sucks being away form home because of work.

Holy balls!!!!! I've vever seen so much destruction and devastation! Took me 3 hours to get home. Maybe 10 miles. I actually had to travel west out of town then south waaaaaayyyyy out of the way to get home. Trees down everywhere! Houses completely gone. Stores, and shopping centers completely gone. It's like a war zone! Neal has some trees down in his yard. The tornado came right by his house. Seems like every road I traveled down this evening had trees or something blocking it. I grabbed a chainsaw from work before I left just for safe measure and I'm glad I did. Amongst all the traveling I did I helped cut a tree out of a major road in town just so I could get home quicker. My uncle owns a building next to krispy kreme and milos and it is gone. Wish I would've took some pics but was too frustrated just trying to drive. Crazy! Just glad to not have any damage.