• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alabama storms?

KINGSNAKE said:
I found him late last night out work with a backhoe to clear roads to get into some of the places hit right buy his home, he is good but the community he is in got hit hard

Thanks Randy, he just called me and told me the run down. Prayers go out to his family and friends for his losses. G

We lucked out in gardendale with no damage. But we did have people's mail from tuscaloosa in or front yard. Can't imagine how bad is there.

Talked to my wife earlier and we got real lucky. Got a buch of trash in the yard. She said siding and a note from a lady to her mom in Scotsboro AL. Said she saw insulation and chunks of wood wash down the road. I'll be thinking good thoughts for all you guys in Alabama and N Georgia.

Pretty much dodge the storms in Crestline/Crestwood area as well as inverness/280 area both. Lots of down trees but no home damage. My new truck got beat pretty bad by falling debris though!

I heard buildings around Offroad Connection are leveled, any word on ORC??

My neighbor hood got hit pretty hard i was lucky enough to only have a few trees down but my neighbors about a 1/4 mi. up the road got hit hard. I found a video of the after math when the guy turns right at the stop sign at about 7:30 is the start of my neighbor hood luckily no one was injured.

http://youtu.be/qEX-UZ5kElg

Sam said:
any news on TachedOutOffRoad ( Clay Parrish). Belive he leaves in Northport/ Tuscaloosa.

Haven't heard but if he was at home he should've been fine. Neal and me went riding bikes through he war zone today after we cut trees all morning. Let me say this, pictures do not do any of this justice! It's truely aweful to see your community gone! People wandering the streets with nothing but luggage or laundry baskets with their belongings in them. I also saw some carrying their belongings in their garbage carts cause that's all they had that had wheels. The path of destruction is unbelievable. And Neal is one of the luckiest sob's I've ever seen! Another block over and his house and maybe even he wouldn't be here today!

we intercepted the cell as it was forming in tuscaloosa and made it to concord shorty before it come thru, it was roughly 5 miles from where i was shooting video ion concord just before it crossed 15th st, we continued to chase it as it was off to our south headed towards concord, we made it as far as we could then when it went thru the neighborhood there we we was one of the first medical ppl in as concord was pulling up while we was hiking in, just past 3 trees down it was utter chaos, ppl was hollering for help literally screwaming 5 minutes after it went thru there, jack segars heating and air's building well none of the building was there, we seen part of it across the road up in the trees, concord highlands baptist church was gone, their church bus was 1/2 mile away,

one of the first rescues we did was this little girl, she got picked up and thrown 600 yards and dropped, she was barely alive, all she would respond to was wen we was putting an iv in, she had major head injuries, 10 foot behind where we was working with her we noticed 3 that didnt make it, it basically looked like a bomb went off and the damage was exactly the same as april 8, 1998 wen it come thru 4 miles down from this path.

my videos is on my youtube channel at skillet224 also on my FB page. we worked into the nite and 80% of the neighborhood was accounted for and 20+ was still missing, they were 8 that we seen that didnt make it yesterday evening just before dark. was bak out there today assisting, lonnie brown had his skidsteer in pg helping out as well...... the only road that is acceible to the river and og areas is 15th street, hwy 269 and pg road is closed.

224racin said:
pam banks called me and said homefield and the orc was gone along with the cvs

the back side of homefield building is gone, appears the front of the building is still standing

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
Haven't heard but if he was at home he should've been fine. Neal and me went riding bikes through he war zone today after we cut trees all morning. Let me say this, pictures do not do any of this justice! It's truely aweful to see your community gone! People wandering the streets with nothing but luggage or laundry baskets with their belongings in them. I also saw some carrying their belongings in their garbage carts cause that's all they had that had wheels. The path of destruction is unbelievable. And Neal is one of the luckiest sob's I've ever seen! Another block over and his house and maybe even he wouldn't be here today!

Have you heard from FUBU? I know he lived in Holt somewhere.

MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- Alabama long-snapper Carson Tinker was injured in the storms that bombarded Tuscaloosa and other parts of the state, forcing Auburn's national championship football team to reschedule a trip to the White House. The weather also led to cancellations of high school and college sporting events.

Alabama coach Nick Saban said that Tinker was injured in the massive storms but is expected to be OK after being thrown 50 yards out of his house.

Crimson Tide spokesman Jeff Purinton said that Tinker was in stable condition at DCH Regional Medical Center. He didn't specify the nature of the injuries sustained by the junior from Murfreesboro, Tenn., but said Saban visited him before flying to New York for the NFL draft. Tinker reportedly suffered a concussion and broken arm.

Tinker's girlfriend, 22-year-old senior Ashley Harrison, was killed -- one of two Alabama student deaths confirmed as of Thursday afternoon. Alabama tight end Colin Peek said Harrison and Tinker were together when the storm hit.

"They both got thrown from the house," Peek said, according to the Birmingham News. "He didn't understand what happened. He had a concussion and got knocked out before he was taken away. She died instantly. Luckily she didn't suffer."

Tinker's was the only injury reported as of Thursday afternoon involving a University of Alabama athlete. The statewide death total -- which includes 36 people in Tuscaloosa, continues to rise.

The Alabama athletic department is applying to the NCAA for a "Katrina" waiver to allow it to help student-athletes who "lost everything" in the tornado Wednesday.

After Hurricane Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast in 2005, the NCAA suspended its extra-benefit rules to allow schools such as Tulane that were affected by the storm to provide clothing, shelter and other necessities for their student-athletes. Associate athletic director Doug Walker said that Alabama has already begun to work with the NCAA and the Southeastern Conference offices so that similar aid may be given to the student-athletes victimized by the tornado.

"We have kids who are homeless," Walker said. "We have kids who lost their cars. We have kids who lost everything. There are a lot of different issues that come out of this."

The historic storm left a trail of destruction that came within a couple hundred yards of the Alabama athletic plant. Walker said that coaches and other personnel spent the day doing a head count of the university's 606 student-athletes. Walker said they are almost finished and have found only the one injury, to Tinker.

About to head to my house in ttown. Hope it's still there. My graduation was canceled as well. Thanks UA... You'd think for that kind of money they could come up with something better than just an i"m sorry...