• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alabama storms?

Just got power back today. Damn what a mess. I remember there being a guy from Mt. Hope on here, don't know who though. Anybody talk to him? He need any help? I'm only a few miles away if he needs something.

Draco said:
Just got power back today. Damn what a mess. I remember there being a guy from Mt. Hope on here, don't know who though. Anybody talk to him? He need any help? I'm only a few miles away if he needs something.

Yes, it is Chris Smith (CSmith) from Mt. Hope and I talk to him pretty much every day since then. I just spoke with him at lunch and it is a complete disaster up there with a number of deaths and total destruction. They say the tornado measured 1.8 miles wide and just took everything. He has no power, ( I brought him a generator) no water, etc. but is managing to make it so far. He is in pretty good spirits though. :****:

grcthird said:
Oh yeah, my girlfriend works at Chrildren's Hospital and she has been telling me about all the different things that she has seen. Kids were getting brought in from Ttown and nobody knew if their parents were alive or not, one kid got picked up by EMS who found him after being thrown out in a field by the storm. They were admitting traumas over 24 hours after the storms! Absolutly crazy stories, I think these have been the most heartbreaking part of this for me. :'(

My wife told me there are a lot of orphans at Children's Hospital. That is very sad.

CHASMAN9 said:
Yes, it is Chris Smith (CSmith) from Mt. Hope and I talk to him pretty much every day since then. I just spoke with him at lunch and it is a complete disaster up there with a number of deaths and total destruction. They say the tornado measured 1.8 miles wide and just took everything. He has no power, ( I brought him a generator) no water, etc. but is managing to make it so far. He is in pretty good spirits though. :****:
I have another generator if he needs it also. I can take him water too and help. With anything else also.

it really is horrific driving thou these areas chaba hights is pretty bad but i dont think anywhere got hit as bad as ttown

we have been trying to help out with the power situaltion by rebuilding some services thaqt got ripped off houses in areas close to my house

It is really terrible out there and people need to help or stay away.

Can you imagine that you have trees all over and your house is tore up and people are taking pictures of you cleaning up? I've witnessed this helping my friends in Tuscaloosa clean up and in Pleasant Grove. It was hard for me not to throw whatever I was carrying to the road through the windshield. Stay home or go help, but don't go look. I consider picture takers and on lookers right their with looters. USELESS.

im in lawrence county but went to phil cambpell friday morning to help a family out and the sight was horriffic... It looked like a movie set... There was a guy telling us he lost everybody in his family..... His facial exspression never changed...after dropping off a few bottles of water he drove on helping ot other people...sends chills down your body just listening to him....

jtreeves1 said:
it really is horrific driving thou these areas chaba hights is pretty bad but i dont think anywhere got hit as bad as ttown

we have been trying to help out with the power situaltion by rebuilding some services thaqt got ripped off houses in areas close to my house

ttown's damage is equalivent to concord and pleasant grove

michigan power and wisconsin power has been helping apco in pg all week, they r still trying to get the main infostructure back up, they put up 2 of the big steel beams today but still like maybe 6-7 more thru the city of pg

PRAYERS go out to all in ALABAMA,i got there from florida on thrusday.Working on generators for cell towers,went to tuscalousa,phil cambell,cordova,brimingham.never saw anything like this.

[attachment deleted by admin]

They are supposed to be draining Forrest Lake to see what all is in it. From what I've been told, not gonna be good. I've heard stories of people being found on top of buildings, in trees, and body parts being found under rubble. I will be suprised if there isn't 300 people dead in Tuscaloosa. The death toll is higher than what the news report is because they are not confirming deaths until they identify the people.

kmcminn said:
That tower that is messed up is in Downtown Cullman. I have heard they found a body in the Coosa River in Gadsen from TTown. Terrible.
that's a fact, they found two little boys trapped under the roof of a house yesterday also and theirvparents are still missing, my prayers to everyone, we restored all the powerlines to the homes we could this morning in the anniston Gadsden area

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
They are supposed to be draining Forrest Lake to see what all is in it. From what I've been told, not gonna be good. I've heard stories of people being found on top of buildings, in trees, and body parts being found under rubble. I will be suprised if there isn't 300 people dead in Tuscaloosa. The death toll is higher than what the news report is because they are not confirming deaths until they identify the people.

2 were found between concord and pg 2 days ago from ttown already and god knows whats laying in the outlayer of the damage path, im with ya on that one

mr. niceguy said:
that's a fact, they found two little boys trapped under the roof of a house yesterday also and theirvparents are still missing, my prayers to everyone, we restored all the powerlines to the homes we could this morning in the anniston Gadsden area

Who do you work for? Im with GA Power, we are staying at university mall in tuscaloosa. They set up semi trailers with bunks and showers. Also have a mobil laundry station. Its not the Ritz, but its better than sleeping in bucket trucks. The Army found 7 bodies in the small area around Alberta substation while we were working there Monday.

I have a great story to tell about someone's experience in the storm. Does anyone in this thread mind if I use your pictures? Lee Lee, FroggF350?

Thanks,
Matt