• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alabama storms?

CheapJ7 said:
About to head to my house in ttown. Hope it's still there. My graduation was canceled as well. Thanks UA... You'd think for that kind of money they could come up with something better than just an i"m sorry...
your place should be fine, we've driven through there a few times, Kennedy mill rd is ****ed tho, it's just amazing

Trey said:
We were fortunate that the tornados spared us, but all around us was devastation. There are so many people who lost everything.
Many of these photos are only a few miles from us.

http://www.consolpub.com/slideshows/as/20110428storm/
http://www.consolpub.com/slideshows/jn/20110427storm/

WOW
Those pics really help to show just how bad the damage is.
My thoughts go out to all affected.

Found this vid
It really shows how wide spread it was too.
CNN: Survivor 'Tornado was a silent monster'

Went to Cordova today to help some friends move their furniture and it is way worse in person than what is showed on the news. Their house was about 100 yds from where the video keeps showing of the bank in downtown. They where already taking front end loaders and loading drump trucks with debre

On a side note local cops are true **** wads. I had already taken one trailer load along with my brother and grandfather out from Cordova and went back to get more. I am stopped by the National Guard. I tell them what I am doing and they let me go in. Next I am stopped by state troopers and they let me pass after some stiff instructions. Last when I get only 2 blocks away the local Cordova police stop me and ask me the same questions I just answered. He sais that I can go in but when I come back out I am not allowed back in (all with major attitude). Then he sais hold on a minute and goes to his car and comes back and sais you cant go in the governor has shut the city down. This is all goin on while the people I am helping are waiving at me and they also send a man down with a secutriy guard shirt on down to tell the pd to let me in. He stands his ground and sais I will go to jail if I go in town. Keep in mind I am already in town and only 2 blocks away from the house. I finally talk the law into letting me turn around using the streets and guess what street I had to use due to fallen trees. You guessed it, the one the house was on, but I cant stop and load up only can turn around. To add insult to injury he told me he didnt care about the stuff I was getting and that is what insurance is for. I listend to all of this while staying very calm due to all of the armed forces and their nice weapons.

We are ok the afternoon Arab tornado missed our house by 1/2 mile. Still have no power but we do still have a house and our family is ok. We did loose some people we knew and our thoughts and prayers are with those and all families with lose or damage.

they r accepting meds, water, ice, baby stuff, nik naks at the moment. until they get a warehouse there not accepting any cloths at this time. i was in pleasant grove all day today with the EMA at the bethel baptist church post across from the middle school. if anybody has a scanner the ARES net talk in is 146.88 on ham radio. as soon as i get info that they are accepting cloths, ill post up. out

off to pleasant grove for another full day with the ema post.....first pic is the beast in the distance about to level the neighborhood, 2nd pic is 5-7 minutes after it come thru. concord

[attachment deleted by admin]

anniston trying to get power restored, if anyone's around here and need help holler at me we have food and drinks and will will all we can to help ya out

Im in Tuscaloosa now working on getting some lights on, not having much luck since both substations are gone.
We may get about 100 homes on tomorrow. Here is some pics of the dammage i will have more later
2011-05-01_09-50-32_819.jpg

2011-05-01_07-36-06_823.jpg

2011-05-01_07-36-18_85.jpg

2011-05-01_07-38-46_725.jpg

2011-05-01_07-39-08_328.jpg

2011-05-01_07-39-13_820.jpg

2011-05-01_07-22-07_542.jpg

2011-05-01_07-22-02_335.jpg

2011-05-01_07-22-23_463.jpg

2011-05-01_07-22-18_832.jpg

2011-05-01_07-22-36_213.jpg

2011-05-01_07-22-30_358.jpg

2011-05-01_07-22-46_933.jpg

2011-05-01_07-22-42_295.jpg

2011-05-01_07-22-59_320.jpg

2011-05-01_07-23-09_67.jpg

2011-05-01_07-23-21_541.jpg

2011-05-01_07-23-33_903.jpg

2011-05-01_07-23-48_813.jpg

2011-05-01_07-24-10_530.jpg

has anyone talked to Tony that owns Gray Rock didnt kno if storm hit there or not just checking .. Keep praying for all of victims ...... :'( :'( :'(

My house i live in is fine, but my rental house and shop i stored my boat and super nice K5 Blazer got destoyed! what sucks is i had the blazer at my house for the last 6 months workin on it, and just took it out threre monday! but it dont matter, cause thats nothing compared to losing your home or life!

Pics of where my cousins trailer used to be. Thank God he was still at work at the University and not at home.
This is where his trailer used to be. Notice the stairs are still there
DSC_0158.jpg

Now across the street
DSC_0160.jpg

frame of the trailer wrapped around a tree
DSC_0190.jpg

all his stuff
DSC_0179.jpg

he was able to save one of his 6 guitars and a couple of jackets
DSC_0178.jpg

Hurrican creek bridge on the Holt Peterson cut off road
DSC_0192.jpg

Mr. leafspring said:
has anyone talked to Tony that owns Gray Rock didnt kno if storm hit there or not just checking .. Keep praying for all of victims ...... :'( :'( :'(

I was with Tony at ORC the morning after. He did not mention that he had any damage.

It's going to take us years to rebuild what these storms destroyed. I was in my buddies basement when that tornado went over Trussville, we were listening on the radio at that point and heard them calling out streets between our houses, we live maybe 500 yds apart. :eek: Luckily that storm lifted and we didn't have any damage. My parents live in Cahaba Heights and that area got it bad from the morning storms. Their house is good, but several of the neighbors had trees on their houses. Most all of the damage there is from fallng trees. Saturday I was helping another buddy cut up some stuff in his grandparents yard and all of a sudden there is 30 other people dragging stuff to the street and cutting stuff up. They were a church group that was out helping anybody they could. :dblthumb: I have been amazed at the support and help everyone has been giving, it makes me proud to live in Alabama. Anyway here's a few pictures I got, nowhere near as bad as T town and other areas. It sucks seeing your home town in such bad shape. :'(

phonepics530.jpg

phonepics529.jpg

phonepics526.jpg

phonepics524.jpg

phonepics523.jpg

phonepics543.jpg

Oh yeah, my girlfriend works at Children's Hospital and she has been telling me about all the different things that she has seen. Kids were getting brought in from Ttown and nobody knew if their parents were alive or not, one kid got picked up by EMS who found him after being thrown out in a field by the storm. They were admitting traumas over 24 hours after the storms! Absolutly crazy stories, I think these have been the most heartbreaking part of this for me. :'(