• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any Kayakers?

wontwork said:
Dang. I was hoping for another weekend bike trip.
Another trip I took with my good friend, Ennis del Mar. We took a whole summer and worked for a rancher up on crookedneck hill. We watched his sheep and fished. I keep returning every summer with ole Ennis cause he just can't quit me. Oh yeah and we kayak, too. thumb.gif

Hey O'''' Been a little while since I last posted. Been on the road and the road has been in me, if you know what I mean?. Have not been Kayaking for some time. The last time I went was with an old roller blading buddy from back home. It was a pretty good run. We went on the Ouiska Chitto on an overnight trip. We set up camp on one of the sand bars, built a fire, and busted out the Laptop and watched some Will and Grace. It was a beautiful night of pillow bitting and howling at the stars. Well, Bye for Now. ;)

P.S. I will go down on anyone who is interested in Kayaking with me. Just let me know and we can go down together. I perfer runs down south, but I'm not opposed to going up north. Just let me know.

bigsilly said:
Ok, this statement makes me want to know what you are talking about ???

there are some creeks over there that dont belong in OK, the clear creek gorge is solid bedrock for almost 3 miles, with boulders the size of houses in the creek bed. there are some others over there to. seems to be more solid rock on the north/west slope of the mountain.

B Gillespie said:
<--- Houston

I thought the Pamlico looked a little sharp in the pics, but didn't want to judge without testing. I dig the Jackson All Water/Rogue, and there is one on CL in Austin, but I wouldn't have room for the pooch and beer. At first I decided on the Rogue, but I'm thinking I might be better off with a recreation boat like the Day Tripper that can hold a cooler, dog, and occasional female, then renting a river/creek boat when I go to UT and ID. I've heard that you can easily take a DT with a skirt down Class III, but I haven't witnessed it.

I've heard nothing but good stuff about Jackson, so I'll probably go with them. Probably have them drop ship it to me so I don't have to drive or pay sales tax. A friend is sponsored by them, so I'm trying to work a deal on a blem.

XJP, Texarkana must be nice for river running options. I spent a lot of time on the rivers in MO, many good choices from Texarkana to Hot Springs to Branson to Sikeston. Which rivers are good in OK?

its not to bad, the cossatot, is close and its fedders, its about 4 hours t any of the steepies in Northern ark. the stuff in OK is just starting to get ran, clear creek, buck creek,pine creek, the green mamba trail at clayton is a good run at full flood. there is a lot of other stuff in the area to, just got to get the logistics worked out.

CheapJ7 said:
we need to plan a canoe trip and a bike trip....

~Relevant:
While riding on the Katy Trail last year, I passed a guy in his late 20's riding a nice cyclocross bike towing a "trailer" that was actually his canoe with a wheeled frame bolted onto the back and a modified biketrailer/kid toter hitch hooked to the bike and front of canoe. Big black lab was riding shotty in the canoe, along with fishing poles, beer, food, & camping gear. The Katy mostly follows the Missouri River, his plan was to ride all 238 miles of the Katy trail (St. Louis to KC), then load everything in the canoe and float back to a take out point south of St. L. He wasn't moving quick, but it sounded like a damn fun idea.

:drinkers:

Any of yall ever went down LITTLE RIVER CANYON in Ala. close to Fort Payne, I have TOOBED it a few times "ALSO SEE ABOUT DIED :eek: ".............

Anyway , there are some good rapids there if the water is up :****:

I got a couple of maps of how to get youre Kayak down the cliff trails on the Northwest side of the canyon , "from the canyon rim road"... I will take pics of them & post them on here for yall :dblthumb:

Camping is not allowed there but it is a FUN one day trip .

on the maps I have some of the rapids even have names :eek:........one is called HUMPTY DUMPTY :****:

zukiscott said:
Any of yall ever went down LITTLE RIVER CANYON in Ala. close to Fort Payne, I have TOOBED it a few times "ALSO SEE ABOUT DIED :eek: ".............

Anyway , there are some good rapids there if the water is up :****:

I got a couple of maps of how to get youre Kayak down the cliff trails on the Northwest side of the canyon , "from the canyon rim road"... I will take pics of them & post them on here for yall :dblthumb:

Camping is not allowed there but it is a FUN one day trip .

on the maps I have some of the rapids even have names :eek:........one is called HUMPTY DUMPTY :****:

LRC is one of my favorite runs, the put in is a 2 tierd 35ftr and the rest of the run is awsome boating for sure, I have a lot of friends that paddle it just about every time it runs.

you guys have a lot off great boating over there

xjpaddler said:
LRC is one of my favorite runs, the put in is a 2 tierd 35ftr and the rest of the run is awsome boating for sure, I have a lot of friends that paddle it just about every time it runs.

you guys have a lot off great boating over there

COOL.........the maps I have are topo that have been illustrated over and then LAMINATED so they don,t perish when they come out of the boat :eek:, so therefore I can,t run them through

our little copy machine here at work, but I will photograph them tonight & post them for those who have never been, Iv,e been all IN / OVER LRC , VERY COOL PLACE...

ALSO a National Park. I will also try & find some pics as well .......you ever been in the HOT TUB at LRC :dunno:

zukiscott said:
COOL.........the maps I have are topo that have been illustrated over and then LAMINATED so they don,t perish when they come out of the boat :eek:, so therefore I can,t run them through

our little copy machine here at work, but I will photograph them tonight & post them for those who have never been, Iv,e been all IN / OVER LRC , VERY COOL PLACE...

ALSO a National Park. I will also try & find some pics as well .......you ever been in the HOT TUB at LRC :dunno:
dont think so, if so I didnt know it, have you been down into Johnnies creek??? that is a really good run. its pretty crazy what some of the guys are fireing up over there, desoto falls even got hucked last year.

Do you mean somebody WENT OFF Desoto Falls.........HOLY ****.....and I meant to say the jacuzzi at HUMPTY DUMPTY rapids .........heres the maps to LRC...

MAPS029.jpg

MAPS030.jpg

MAPS033.jpg

MAPS031.jpg

MAPS032.jpg

and YES you do have to use the tree to get down,...but it ain,t nothin ;D

CheapJ7 said:
Well Fine... You need to come to Bama this summer and do a weekend run down blackwater with us... We leave out early saturday morning, paddle/float/drink/fish all day... Gorilla camp on the bank that evening drink/eat/fish... Then its about a half day paddle the next day to the takeout at the frosty mug eatery... :eat:

It would be fun to get a large group together... Is a fairly fast moving creek, with dead spots to fish and such, several class 3's and a very fun 1/3 mile section with a few 4's... Its not too bad, seeing as how we regularly run it in my open bow pond canoe... :drinkers:

Blackwater creek, in walker county/ Jasper Alabama if anyone wants to look it up...

starts here
<http://www.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UTF8&hl=en&safe=on&ll=33.914606,-87.284017&spn=0.008708,0.013754&t=h&z=16>

Ends here
<http://www.google.com/maps/mm?ie=UTF8&hl=en&safe=on&ll=33.814347,-87.136173&spn=0.008718,0.021887&t=h&z=16>

How fast is that current? Thats over 20 miles of water in 2 days!

RobbyBobby said:
your tryin to get them sumbitches kilt Scott :****:

HAHHHHHHHH........any sumbicth that would DRIVE A ****IN CANOE OFF OF DESOTO FALLS NEVER HAD A CHANCE IN THE FIRST PLACE :****:

zukiscott said:
Do you mean somebody WENT OFF Desoto Falls.........HOLY ****.....

I watched a local tard JUMP OVER AND OVER off those falls, fawker just got a runnin start and hung in the air for like a minute before splashing down, local meth head parents were cheering him on. **** was entertaining as hell. :popcorn:

I used to go on alot of canoe trips, some were a week long. We went 50 miles down the Buffalo river in Arkansas twice, and did a 25 mile trip on the Big South fork of the Cumberland. Nothin like loading up the cooler, rod & reel, lawnchair and gettin a sunburn. Paddle till you see a good place to camp and start a fire. Fun times. :dblthumb:

Yea back when I was younger and stupider I used to jump off at the falls at LRC, even get in behind the big one on the right & let it "WASH" me out the front of it , like gettin BEAT UP by water.

But I NEVER jumped off at Desoto........that whole gotta be runnin thing..**** that... one little slip on youre "LEAP" and you would be GROUND ROUND for the trouts :****: