• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any Kayakers?

ibrokeit said:
How fast is that current? Thats over 20 miles of water in 2 days!

It moves quick... not many dead spots at all... It is a very easy two day paddle in a canoe... I'dsuggest taking out at al 69 hwy bridge on a kayak thought... nothing big enought to be interesting for a kayak below that...

CheapJ7 said:
It moves quick... not many dead spots at all... It is a very easy two day paddle in a canoe... I'dsuggest taking out at al 69 hwy bridge on a kayak thought... nothing big enought to be interesting for a kayak below that...

Good deal. I dont mind flat water in the yack, too

Neal3000 said:
inner-tubers of class 4-5 rivers= proof of darwanism

Only heavy two's and a three when the water is flowing at its optimal level...

Changes to threes and a four after a few days of hard rain and it's out of its banks... Lots of optional lines show up, but its definately a lifejacket and flipper situation on a tube... :driving:

zukiscott said:
Do you mean somebody WENT OFF Desoto Falls.........HOLY ****.....and I meant to say the jacuzzi at HUMPTY DUMPTY rapids .........heres the maps to LRC...

MAPS029.jpg

MAPS030.jpg

MAPS033.jpg

MAPS031.jpg

MAPS032.jpg

and YES you do have to use the tree to get down,...but it ain,t nothin ;D

yes, desoto was ran last year, by Chris gragmans, I think theres youtube video of it.

Its been a few years since ive been over there, seeing the pics makes me want to go back really bad.

the small 8ftr up at the top of the canyon is really cool, you can paddle behind it on river left and paddle back out about the middle of the river.

Paddling season is firing up! :drinkers: Decided on the JK Day Tripper 12 for Houston area stuff, beach trips, Buffalo Bayou, etc.

May pick up a creek boat also, apparently there are decent rapids around Austin and Dallas. I'm really digging the Jackson Villain in Rasta colors:

villain-product.jpg

copy_0_villain-s-dane-photo-stephe.jpg

joe-2.jpg

the villan is great creeker/river runner. there is some good III/IV stuff around austin, all rain dependent. they just built a new WW park in dallas with two decent play waves, and there is one in san marcos as well,

xjpaddler said:
the villan is great creeker/river runner. there is some good III/IV stuff around austin, all rain dependent. they just built a new WW park in dallas with two decent play waves, and there is one in san marcos as well,

Nice. I'm excited.

Went to the beach today, surf was great. Was lusting for a kayak, but was more distracted by the females in our party. :cougar: