• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

anybody run waterless coolant

Could you be so kind as to explain what is going on in your head since I am not a mind reader?

Edit: Summary of 20-minute long second video: Guy runs his snowmobile up to 265* with waterless coolant, no pressure buildup, no damage after pulling head off ...

... But he even admits that this is overheating the engine. Its not like the snake oil makes it OK to just run at 265 all the time.

Re:

Heat transfer works better with a greater delta T. (Radiator efficiency improves the hotter the engine coolant temp is)

You can't go higher than 212F with H2O.
Add antifreeze .......... 240F
Add a pressure cap.......260F

Exceed these temps and you loose coolant. Loose coolant and keep driving, you loose an engine.

Waterless coolant simply allows brief excessive temps without boil overs.

300F won't hurt your engine but coolant loss will!

It's just another sort of "back up" system to protect the engine. If you rarely overheat it should work well. If you overheat a lot, you may need a bigger radiator or better fan.

I have used it before years ago, its $$$$$ **** but works great.

Had it in a daily driver, minimal thermal expansion. Then they advised to get a 0psi cap or just cut the pressure portion from your cap assembly.

It actually worked so well in the vehicle that during the winter the radiator had to be restricted to allow the engine to reach proper operating temp. :****:

This was back when it was only NPG+ and $75 a gallon.

Will i run it in my buggy??? NO, straight distilled water and redline water wetter, then a bit of antifreeze during the winter is all i plan to do this time around.