• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ARRRRGGH 02 superdooty

I just had the same thing happen to my '99 back in October. It was the Under Valve Cover Harness. It had the same exact symptoms as yours. My biggest mistake was taking to a dealer. They charged me $710 to fix it.... only $100 of that was parts. :mad:

I just had the same thing happen to my '99 back in October. It was the Under Valve Cover Harness. It had the same exact symptoms as yours. My biggest mistake was taking to a dealer. They charged me $710 to fix it.... only $100 of that was parts. :mad:

X2 do not take it to the dealer. if it is something to do with the valve cover gasket, ucvh, or glow plugs it is easy to fix. i made a mistake on taking it to the dealer and they F***ed my truck up. i ended up doing the job myself troubleshooting a problem that they caused by wiring one of the injectors wrong. figure that a average jo finding a master certified mechanics mistake and calling it out on it. thanks to the fellas over at nwforddiesel.com

well it is in the harness.
I worked on it for 2 days, pulled the valve covers etc etc.

It is running better but still is missing at least on 1 cyl.

I have had it appart twice looking for hte problem.

Now i'm back out of hte country.

Anybody recommend a good diesel mech in the south end?
puyallup preferablu?

I have to take it in, cause i need it ready to go when i get back home. Need to tow to canada.

Well, little behind on this.

Pulled the passengers side VC and found no issues.
Pulled the drivers side VC and foudn the plug comming loose. Fixed this with a Quarter.
still missing though.

several days go past and my buddy gets back to the house and pulled the passengers side VC again..
and we found an injector unplugged. Must have hit it when putting the valve cover back on.
We did the fix on this side as well, so hopfully, no more issues with the truck.
Thanks for the help guys.. Much appreciated.

Latest posts