• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Assault rifle discussion!

Re: Re: Re: Assault rifle discussion!

InDaShop said:
anyone know anything about the .408 cheytac? I'd never heard of it until this morning.
I work with a guy trying to unload a crazy long rifle that runs those and at T-ball this morning he asked me if I had any interests.
All I really gleaned from him is that its still supersonic in speed at 2500meters!!!
And just getting ready to start the google search off.

Its a bad ass round. Out preforms the 50 cal in all areas. Not a cheap rifle but you can buy computers from them that link up to make those mile plus shots a little easier. Dont skip on optics though

It was the rifle used in shooter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Speaking of BARRETT:

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/20952620/weapon-of-war-or-just-another-gun

^ Saw this ****ing BULLSHIT on the local "NEWS" ::)

Blatant attack on a local manufaturer. They should be ashamed.

Made my blood boil just watching it.

I don't own a .50, don't really care too. (too rich for my blood), but I'll be damned if I'll watch **** like this on the local news

HEY PHIL WILLIAMS AND TOM DIAZ :flipgotcha:

TBItoy said:
Speaking of BARRETT:

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/20952620/weapon-of-war-or-just-another-gun

^ Saw this ****ing BULLSHIT on the local "NEWS" ::)

Blatant attack on a local manufaturer. They should be ashamed.

Made my blood boil just watching it.

I don't own a .50, don't really care too. (too rich for my blood), but I'll be damned if I'll watch **** like this on the local news

HEY PHIL WILLIAMS AND TOM DIAZ :flipgotcha:

Man that's pathetic. It's a domino effect of gun nazis now ::)

Maybe they will all topple over without taking out guns with em.

When it comes to the big 50s, they are great. It's been in use for almost 100 years on battlefields all over the world. It's hard to knock on something with that kind of record. It was a perfect blend of caliber and case that gives it tons of energy and the range to still be effective out to a mile. But for all that, it is still a round designed to be used in machine guns. The newer precision rifle calibers designed for light armor and "soft" targets will perform better than a 50. The new stuff will stay supersonic longer, have less wind drift, are capable of even greater accuracy, and don't necessarily have to have a massive muzzle break with a god awful concussion to go with it. All of that stuff is fun though, and the surplus 50 ammo is much cheaper than most of these new fangled cartidges.

Most people that shoot for 1000 yards or more are migrating to the 6mm or 6.5mm rounds. In a bench gun, these kick so little that it allows the shooter to follow a vapor trail. The bullet selection is awesome and they have the best ballistic coefficients of almost any other bullet. 6.5x284, 260 Rem, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 Lapua and then there is a whole slew of wildcat and custom rounds. Also, you will almost never see a scope with higher than 25x on it being used in a long range competition. Anything over 25x and the mirage is so awful most people have crank it back down.

.338 lapua?

I really dont know much at all about these long guns, but did come across the Lapua round, and the Grendel round. 6.5 Lapua, I havent heard of, the .338 yes.

.338 Lapua is likely the best and most advanced small caliber long range round ever to be developed. It is next on my list of ridiculously over powered rifles.

So with all the BS going on....Alabama is looking better and better to the gun industry. Creedmoor Sports Inc. is moving from Commiefornia to Anniston...."Operation Roll Tide". ;D

Creedmoor Sports Is Moving to Alabama

On or before April 15th, 2013, Creedmoor Sports Inc. will cease all operations at our Oceanside, California location and relocate to our newly acquired facilities in Anniston, Alabama. We have dubbed this move "Operation Roll Tide".

The decision to move was based on several factors including; business climate, proximity to greater number of customers, employee pool and growth potential.

Our new facilities are located aboard old Fort McClellan, ten minutes North of CMP Headquarters in Anniston. Morris Building of Anniston began construction and renovation February 4th on the existing building and on a new addition. Many of our employees key to production and operations will be moving with us, thereby minimizing any potential disruption to service.

Periodic updates with pictures will be posted on our Facebook page. To receive these updates, simply "Like" our page: https://www.facebook.com/CreedmoorSports

Below you'll see a pictures of the entrance to our new building prior to any renovations being completed, and of the new street sign on the nearest corner with our new building in the background.

We look forward to the increased opportunities this move provides and we appreciate your support during this transition.

Dennis DeMille
GM, Creedmoor Sports Inc.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=yg8mv7bab&v=001C8QXJYUMj5c6EhcxllDlGlGnjM4w68xDGWmznZ8GFMHYbsHXy6wwRuC-M1jEdMBmJ3ZKIWkxcSNVxSsM_0dDHG_oS8qKWQ-VZsiAlSVWKbhlBAW7m_A3kLjoBBq_Yktgx_ypEnByDhbSa9g4EJYzlA%3D%3D

Also, Magpul is being nudged to making its new home in Bama... :dblthumb:
Alabama Agriculture Commissioner John McMillan is recruiting a Colorado firearms manufacturer unhappy with proposed changes to the state's gun laws.

Magpul Industries Corp., based in Erie, Colo., is fighting legislation that would ban the sale of high-capacity gun magazines in Colorado. Magpul produces the magazines and other gun accessories in the state, and said it will be forced to leave Colorado if the bill becomes law.

The Colorado House of Representatives approved the bill on Monday along with a package of changes to the state's gun laws. The bill is now pending in the state Senate and must still be signed by Gov. John Hickenlooper.

Magpul, which employs 200, said it has begun looking at potential new manufacturing sites.

"Our company could not, in good conscience, continue to manufacture our products in a state where law-abiding citizens are prohibited from purchasing and owning them," Richard Fitzpatrick, Magpul's founder and chief executive officer, said in a news release this week.

McMillan expressed his support for Magpul in a letter he sent to the company on Tuesday, and invited them to consider Alabama.

"Please know that you have friends in Alabama who would welcome you and Magpul Industries," McMillan wrote to Doug Smith, the company's chief operating officer. "We are a state whose people are committed to Second Amendment rights. You can be assured that the Alabama Legislature would never seriously consider any legislation that would jeopardize your company and your workers."

McMillan, an avid outdoorsman, also invited Smith to go turkey hunting. He said today that he hadn't yet heard a response from the company but was confident that Alabama would be a good fit.

"If Magpul looking for a new home, Alabama is the place to be," he said.

http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/02/alabama_recruits_colorado_fire.html

This is the best possible thing to happen right now. If all the manufactures will pull out of these liberal states, (and take their money with them) it won't be long until they're already suffering, near bankrupt state sinks even deeper into a hole. I bet the revenue from the evil firearms industry will be missed in a big damn hurry.
I also bet....A LOT of the law abiding gun owners in northern states are looking to move south. In the next year or two, the southern states have a potential for major growth with industry and general revenue. Gonna be an interesting couple years ahead....Good and bad.

Im glad to see this kinda action finally taking place. Maybe more will follow. like you said its gonna be an interesting next couple of years for sure.

That is great news. I'd like to see a more and more of these companies moving to AL. or at least the southeastern region.

Re: Re: Assault rifle discussion!

I loathe the term "assault rifle"! It is a demonizing term used by asshats reading teleprompters. Military and law enforcement classify them as Personal Defense Weapons.
(Straps on tin foil hat and steps off soap box)

Most of the so called "assault rifles" are very incorrectly named. An assault rifle is any rifle used by a person that just so happens to be assaulting something. Kinda like tacticool stuff nowadays. Tactical isn't supposed to refer to a weapon or accessories...it's the mindset of the person behind the firearm.

If the media and the government knows what's best for them, they will leave the gun issue alone. I don't think they expected this big of a hornets nest when they dove into the issue headlong. I'm still expecting them to try to piggyback new gun legislation onto another bill though.

wingsnhammers said:
Most of the so called "assault rifles" are very incorrectly named. An assault rifle is any rifle used by a person that just so happens to be assaulting something. Kinda like tacticool stuff nowadays. Tactical isn't supposed to refer to a weapon or accessories...it's the mindset of the person behind the firearm.

If the media and the government knows what's best for them, they will leave the gun issue alone. I don't think they expected this big of a hornets nest when they dove into the issue headlong. I'm still expecting them to try to piggyback new gun legislation onto another bill though.
I wouldn't be surprised if they did. If they keep up their bs. We will have to remind them they work for us. Use our voting power to clean house. I'm not real comfortable with bandwagon sissies dictating my freedoms.

BorderPatrol said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they did. If they keep up their bs. We will have to remind them they work for us. Use our voting power to clean house. I'm not real comfortable with bandwagon sissies dictating my freedoms.

Most of them are spineless ****ups who have more money than sense. They do need to be reminded that they are not autonomous. They work for us. There was a new bill that proposes introducing a digital congress. All the members of Congress would go back to their respective districts. It would make them much more accessible to their constituents and hopefully, more accountable for their actions. It would be a bit different for them if they had people from their own districts pounding their ****ing door in every day demanding to be heard. By God, that might even make them perk up and ****ing listen!

Cool. I'm ****** rich on Pmag's and ****** Po on military mags. Found a guy w a bunch of strippers and guides for sale. Thanks.