• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bad ass machining

We have a non-rotating head mor seiki at work. It can make a ton of crazy parts but the dual pivoting axis like that is not fake at all. I have seen them in action. We have several CNC machines but those put the awesome in machining...

I would actually like my job again if I got to do stuff like that. I wonder how long the cycle time was. I got a lil tearied eye from the awesomeness from that.

It is amazing what CNC machines can do, Speeds up production. I wonder what the cost of this machine is? If they are using them in Germany, I would say it is a good machine because the German owned Tool & Die Shops are some of the most precise people I have ever worked with. Look on their web site at some of the products,they are working with. Its good in one way and sad in another way. The US used to have most of this kind of work here with excellent paying jobs for our people.

[attachment deleted by admin]

At the risk of sounding machine illiterate, does that maching actually work that fast? :dunno: I realize it is time lapsed photography, but does the machine cut that quickly? That thing is a machinist wet dream... :woot:

a CNC machine is faster than a manual machine. I saw them phased in to the shops when they first came out. The parts in the picture are casted , then machined to specs.

Thanks, I would still be with my Case pocket knife whittling on that stuff. And I was starting to think a Dremmel was the tool of choice. laughing1

WOW just WOW! That is some of the best machining that I have ever seen. I have been working as a machinist in the oil and gas field since right out of high school. I have been to most of the big machining shows and still never seen anything that impressive. To answer a couple of questions that I read above.

1) yes you can really cut this fast.....in Alum like they are doing here. Some of the faster cuts they are making are very small though even in this Alum.
2) I will est. the cost of that TRUE seven axis CNC mill in 2 million dollar range or higher. HELL it might not seem like much but the machine closed the dam door itself!!
3) Even more impressive than the machine doing the cutting was the guy that "wrote" that program. Hell I bet he spent months with the best CAD CAM programs in the world drawing the design. Then laying out all the tools to use and then laying out the thousands of layers of tool paths needed to make that helment.

That is truly a work of art IMO.......going watch it again for the fifth time! :****:

The Machine will pay for itself in no time with the kind of work that is going through it. I enjoy working with the experiential,prototype, designing and engineers in the Auto Industry. We always new what the new cars or trucks were going to look like before they hit the market.