• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bad roll on Aetna sunday

InDaShop said:
you're absolulutely right Joel, I'm sorry MS, has been stereotyped as the southeast, its more like Lousiana's bitch playing the little spoon on the map with Lousiana all snuggled up putting it in your backside.

Sorry for stereotyping :ban: molaugh

MS is the DEEP South. Louisiana is kind of like California, it is it's own little world. It sucks to be sandwiched between AL and LA :****:

I don't ****ing wear a helmet rec wheeling. I am not going to lie.

I do wear my harnesses all the time in the Bronco and in the RZR.

I used to wear a helmet in my TC buggy and in the Bash Buggy when I was doing stupid climbs, but hell, I never had it on when I actually rolled as I was never expecting it. That is exactly why it should be worn at all times but it just ain't happening.

I am a trail rider now. **** a helmet.

wngrog said:
I don't ****ing wear a helmet rec wheeling. I am not going to lie.

I do wear my harnesses all the time in the Bronco and in the RZR.

I used to wear a helmet in my TC buggy and in the Bash Buggy when I was doing stupid climbs, but hell, I never had it on when I actually rolled as I was never expecting it. That is exactly why it should be worn at all times but it just ain't happening.

I am a trail rider now. **** a helmet.
These comments might not count, his head is at least 2' from any cage bar being so tiny in stature. No worries of tube to cranium impact. :flipgotcha:

InDaShop said:
Hard to roll the couch unless you get wicked bent!!! bawaahaaaaaa

Dude, I got more trail time in the last 6 months than you ever had....

****, that is like Blase calling me short..... :drinkers:

wngrog said:
Dude, I got more trail time in the last 6 months than you ever had....

****, that is like Blase calling me short..... :drinkers:

You've owned more buggys than most of this board combined, chill out Napoleon molaugh

Talking about safty, go back and look at the Infamous Farmington N.M poster. No helmets flip flops and T shirts. I think we have come along way since those days. I was looking through some old photos the other day and ran across some tractorpull pics. The guys were wearing ball caps and blue jeans and tshirts. Now they have about every safty item they can wear when pulling those sleds.
I think I am going to install child safty locks on my next rig. Can't be too safe you know. May even put a caution sticker on it.

patooyee said:
That video posted of Jimmy without a helmet is a long time ago, years and years. He knows better now as we all should.

I won't go into my story about my wreck at Harlan as it is all out there for people to search if they want to. What I haven't wrote about to date is the ramifications of it though.

Pinball was, to me, an easy climb. I had done it, and much more extreme obstacles, before. My wife asked me if we needed our shoulder harnesses. I told her no because I was almost certain I wouldn't roll. Obviously I was wrong. I think back to that day and how stupid I was. I think about looking over at her being unable to move and in the most extreme pain she had ever felt and how terrible I felt about putting her in it. Honestly, if she didn't need me I probably would have comitted suicide over the guilt I felt and still feel for that. I don't shed tears easily, I'm a pretty emotionless asshole, ask her about it. But I cried that day and only pulled it back together after telling myself how badly she needed me to be strong for her. The EMS had to cut the cage out of my buggy to get her out without further injuring her back which we found out later was broken in five places ... and it was all my fault.

Today as I slowly build a new buggy I contemplate how I am even going to handle wheeling in the future. She loves riding obstacles but her back will never be the same and I would really prefer that she just not ride any more obstacles ever again. Yet that takes all the fun out of it for her and what would be the point in her coming if she had no fun? I know she would do it for me, but would I ask her to knowing she would not have fun? This is an internal debate I have on a daily basis ever since and still haven't come to a conclusion. Will wheeling EVER be the same again? You could say, "Well, she can ride the easy ones." But Pinball WAS one of the easy ones to me.

Obviously, the new buggy has safety as a primary concern with safety items thorughout. 5-point harnesses, helmets, 5 high-end fire extinguishers placed strategically within easy reach, rollcage padding everywhere, suspension seats, possibly window nets, panels and tubing in strategic places to prevent limbs from coming out. I have vowed never to allow her to be hurt as a result of my hobby again. I still feel guilt beyond belief over what happened. In addition, its really made me rethink my overall approach to wheeling. It will never be the same to me again. If she ever got hurt again because of me I don't know how I could go on living. Conversely, I think about what life would be like for her if I got hurt. Would I feel good about becoming a quadraplegic and making her wipe my ass for the rest of my life? It seems to be everyone's mentality that they don't care what happens to themselves as long as their passengers are safe. But it goes both ways. I'd rather die than become a burden to my wife for the rest of her life.

My brother's buggy still has hard seats in it. I won't ride in it ... period. I will never ride in a buggy without shoulder harnesses, helmets, and suspension seats again. Despite how you feel about yourself, it is my opinion that a responsible father / husband would never ride unstrapped without a helmet either. Its about more than just yourself.

I am lazy. It is in my nature to skip the helmet or shoulder straps now and again. As much as I hate Jimmy's overbearing tendency to make wheeling into a competition, I am thankful for his block-headed insistence on demanding safety. He may have learned his lesson from my mistake but I know that in the future he will not allow me to forget the lesson learned even if I am stupid enough to try. I want my past to be an example to everyone of HOW NOT to do it and my future to be an example of HOW TO do it. I hope if I ever try to ride an obstacle without all possible safety equipment in place again that Jimmy absolutely berates me in front of everyone and makes me feel like absolute ****. If I know him, that's one thing I can count on. :)

Bottom line, I know Mr. Bacon knows that he made a mistake now. Just not sure he knows what the mistake was to begin with. The mistake was getting in ANYONE'S buggy without a helmet and shoulder straps in the first place. If Mr. Bacon feels I am rubbing it in I am sorry. However this post is directed toward everyone in general, not just the Bacons.

I am thankful that Mr. Bacon seems to be alright for the most part and hope he realizes how lucky he got.

J. J.
Thanx for the clear up. my point is you all say he is stupid a dumbass and now come to find out it took the same thing that happend to him happend to you 2 . which made you guys learn right? so why not tell your story and why you feel like you do instead of me and my buddys now what our heads are worth and he is a dumb ass. right now seems like the pot calling the kettle black. why not support our sport instead of bashing someone and caiing him a dumbass for the same thing that happend to you

I'm not preaching anything, y'all are grown men. You can make your own choices. But please think of those around you that may have to drag your lifeless body from your wrecked buggy, or your best friend when he has to tell your wife or kids that you arent coming home from the mountain 'cause you rolled and didnt make it out.

I had to help drag a guy out from under his Pro-pulling tractor when I was 18, it came off the sled and forward endo'd. Smashing him.
A real cage vs. a beauty bar would have saved him, I saw his wife crumble to the ground screaming and crying knowing he was gone.
Granted he didnt care he was dead.

FYI:
just to make this clear to everyone I know like J.J, Draggbody etc... this is NOT ME!!! and I hope I'm not related to him!!!

penn said:
Thanx for the clear up. my point is you all say he is stupid a dumbass and now come to find out it took the same thing that happend to him happend to you 2 . which made you guys learn right? so why not tell your story and why you feel like you do instead of me and my buddys now what our heads are worth and he is a dumb ass. right now seems like the pot calling the kettle black. why not support our sport instead of bashing someone and caiing him a dumbass for the same thing that happend to you

Find one spot where I called him a dumbass, dumbass. Nor was I bashing him at all. Are you even reading the same thread? Nice second post. Is your first just as idiotic and separated from reality?

J. J.

sorry I did not mean just you. I fully agree with the safety and we all have **** happen as did you. I have no doubt you and your group are alot more on safety now as I would think he would be. sorry I have not made enough post for you to be happy with and sorry you think I am a dumbass

penn said:
sorry I did not mean just you. I fully agree with the safety and we all have **** happen as did you. I have no doubt you and your group are alot more on safety now as I would think he would be. sorry I have not made enough post for you to be happy with and sorry you think I am a dumbass

You should not mean me at all because I did not call him a dumbass or any of the things you said in your post. Its OK though, I think you were apologizing so apology accepted.

J. J.

Good God guys,leave this **** alone and lets go ride.Will be at Golden Mtn ORV sat. the 20th. Come out and ride...OK

penn said:
patooyee said:
Find one spot where I called him a dumbass, dumbass. Nor was I bashing him at all. Are you even reading the same thread? Nice second post. Is your first just as idiotic and separated from reality?
J. J.
so i went back and read all of my posts as i do not try to talk **** when it comes to serious matters... i truly feel like it would have been very inappropriate to poke fun at someone when a serious discussion is going on and you know i couldn't find ONE word of me calling someone a dumbass or any other expletives... your interpretation may show your true feeling about yourself, but that is your opinion of you, not mine...

In my eyes these skull caps that everyone calls a helmet is not going to do **** for you in a nasty roll. With that said when the lord says it time to come home it don't make a damn what you have on its your time. T-Bacon is a grown man y'all probably have no chance to change his mind with this whole situation, if the man don't wanna put a helmet on I think that is his choice as it is for all of us. Sitting there in front of your computer banging keys with you pants half down breathing hard trying to get off over telling someone how to live life is not really to cool. Get off of your ass have fun in life, and if someone make a decision you don't like live with it, and keep your comments to your self. With that said I'm going to go climb a hill with out a helmet on and hope i don't get caught by the hardline police. :****: