• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bad Seller. 85toyo

kmcminn

I'm not much of a welder but I'm a hell of a grind
I made a deal with 85toyo on Sunday to buy his Toyota body. I told him I would be there first thing Friday mornIng to pick it up cause I work out of town. Well I just text him to see if he was still going to be around for me to pick it up Friday morning, he said "well I got a guy that will give me full asking price. Sorry man". That is sorry as hell. In my neck of the woods a deal is a deal.

Dont try to buy from 85toyo.

kmcminn said:
I made a deal with 85toyo on Sunday to buy his Toyota body. I told him I would be there first thing Friday mornIng to pick it up cause I work out of town. Well I just text him to see if he was still going to be around for me to pick it up Friday morning, he said "well I got a guy that will give me full asking price. Sorry man". That is sorry as hell. In my neck of the woods a deal is a deal.

That sucks for sure, but good thing you didn't find that out the hard way on Friday morning! :****:

what a loser! sounds like shoals outdoor sports. bought a new ranger and was going to buy a rzr 170 for lil man. its been 5 days and they still dont have it put together............. my money going somewhere else.

smurfy90 said:
what a loser! sounds like shoals outdoor sports. bought a new ranger and was going to buy a rzr 170 for lil man. its been 5 days and they still dont have it put together............. my money going somewhere else.

I got a 800 S, give the 500 to lil man and come get mine

Re: Re: Bad Seller. 85toyo

Not saying that what he did was right, but that's why I always Paypal a deposit on ****. I travel for work a lot and usually try to pick stuff up when i'm in the area.

I've had guys tell me they were coming to buy stuff and not show, and I've even had guys show up and decide they didn't want stuff (after I held it for them).

Cash in hand is very persuasive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The days when a mans word means something are gone and it has been replaced by another mans wallet. If I was selling something I wouldn't hold it till Friday because someone said they wanted it when someone else was waving money in my face. Sucks things are like that but thats how the world is now.

I dunno, I just sat on a motor for two weeks for a guy on this board because he's in Kuwait for work. He sent a buddy, and it was easy as hell to deal with to be quite honest.

When it's our wheeling group, I tend to extend a leap of faith. We've all been in these situations, and I like to think that we would all stick to the code of honor. When someone out of this group says something, I take their word for it.

If it was Craigslist, oh hell yeah, first with cash wins. ;D

I had a board member stand me up for 2 weeks straight on some air shocks, I cut him slack and just kept getting the run around. Hell I dont even know if he was really gonna get them or not so I went down the list calling people back til they sold. Try to be fair and go in order of who laid dibs on it and it bit me in the ass. I sent several txts and it was ill get them tomorrow, in two days, this weekend, next weekend and then i said forget it im goin to the next guy. Hated to be like that but just lost faith in the guys word.

From a buyers point of view i have found stuff i really wanted but the money fell though and had to say sorry can't come up with it. Sit happens to everyone sometimes. from a seller point of view the run around sucks when they haggle you for your bottom dollar and agree to a price then come look at what you have then say oh i can't give you that for it after a dozen pics and text pissess me off

kmcminn said:

Lauren called him up and said you couldn't have it so he had to back out on you :****:

customcj7 said:
I dunno, I just sat on a motor for two weeks for a guy on this board because he's in Kuwait for work. He sent a buddy, and it was easy as hell to deal with to be quite honest.

When it's our wheeling group, I tend to extend a leap of faith. We've all been in these situations, and I like to think that we would all stick to the code of honor. When someone out of this group says something, I take their word for it.

If it was Craigslist, oh hell yeah, first with cash wins. ;D

And I'm thankful you helped me out! But I do know what he is talking about that's why I alway offer to pay first and arrange pickup later!

BradWester said:
And I'm thankful you helped me out! But I do know what he is talking about that's why I alway offer to pay first and arrange pickup later!

In true HL derailment fashion...
Brad thank you for your service! And I apologize for how long it took to get you your shifter to you...drinks on me when you're back stateside :drinkers:

Money talks ... Y'all are all full of it if someone offered you more money the next day and saying you wouldn't take it

Koberg said:
Money talks ... Y'all are all full of it if someone offered you more money the next day and saying you wouldn't take it
Only if you are a piece of lying ****! If you make a agreement with a man you need to stand by it no matter what! And if you dont have the money to buy it rite then, dont make a offer!

I've sold things cheaper because I gave folks my word. Grandpa and daddy would have my ass if I backed out on my word. I never break it and if I sell you something that ain't right, I'll make it right! The world has gotten lazy and folks aren't held accountable for their actions. I say your right on to be pissed. Karmas a bitch!

Latest posts