• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BAD SELLER!!!! (prime78)

w

i bought this transmission and transfer case from a guy on here named prime78. he guranteed it to be good or would refund money back took it to transmission shop to get it checked out before i put it in a new rig.
the trans was no good and had a latex glove in the pan. had to have new clutches, sprages, pump, and torque converter. iv p.m. him and called a few times with no result. it cost me $650.00 to get it fixed on top of $500 i paid. just wanted everyone to know beware if you purchase something from him not a man of his word!!!!

Classifieds / Parts For Sale / th350/205

on: August 21, 2011, 04:40:37 PM

Have a freshly built TH350 mated to an NP205, passenger drop. Bought it with the intention of putting an auto into my buggy, but decided to keep the manual tranny. Guy i bought the set up from said the tranny had a fresh rebuild on it and was ran 3 times after rebuild. comes with t-case shifter and has the crossmember, tanny also has the torque converter. can email pics upon request or send via text message. looking to get $500 OBO for the setup. located in Birmingham, Al.

...... Guy i bought the set up from said the tranny had a fresh rebuild on it and was ran 3 times after rebuild...

sounds to me your hatin on the wrong guy

yeah he knew it was bad you can tell that by the way he worded it in the for sale ad saying he bought from someone elseas his way out. But wait he guaranteed it out of his own mouth. that = BAD SELLER. iM SURE HE WILL GET ****ED SOONER OR LATER. ;) laughing1 laughing1 laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

He is no longer on this board. When this was first posted, I went to the ADMIN side of his profile as I did not regognize the name. But, I did find a flag where he had requested to have his account be deleted several days before this post. I granted his wish!

I remember when he sold it. He was planning to use it, but parted all his stuff out and sold it all for a fresh buggy build. Highly doubt he purposely screwed ya. Probably should of asked him for a refund before a year went by.

I told him when i bought the trans that it might be a year or so before it got used, He knew it was going in a new buggy that was still being built and guaranteed it so I had no reason to ask for a refund because I did not think it was bad . I was going to go ahead and put it in ,but a few Buddy's talked me into getting it checked out before we installed it.GLAD I DID!!!

Mahan said:
It will come back on him, KARMA IS A BITCH !!! So we salute you mr. bad transmission seller guy. :flipgotcha:
Lmao that's funny ****.

Hate it for ya man....sad to say, it eventually will happen to everybody that buys/sells/horsetrades alot.

TacomaJD said:
Hate it for ya man....sad to say, it eventually will happen to everybody that buys/sells/horsetrades alot.

WORD!

I have gone a very very long time without getting pooched, but it happened about 2 months ago on a Jeep 3.7l motor. I needed the motor, couldnt find one (2002-2003)anywhere, found this dude, I went looked it it. Pulled a valve cover, and spun it over by hand. Guy said "it was a fresh rebuild" and showed me what it came out of and told me who rebuilt it. We negotiated price, and whamo I hauled it home thinking I solved my dilema.
Ha ha I got screwed, the other head I didnt pull the cover on (total luck of the draw) had the lifters nearly falling off the rockers, and it had a spun bearing. Short of tearing the motor down right there before I bought it I would have never caught the spun bearing. The lifters.....well now I know to slow down and pop both covers like I've always done.

wannabe said:
...... Guy i bought the set up from said the tranny had a fresh rebuild on it and was ran 3 times after rebuild...

sounds to me your hatin on the wrong guy

Yup sounds like it to me too. He was just going by what the guy he bought it from said.

You took too long to complain, period. Time to man up on a lesson learned.

If you wanted your money back on some sort of guarantee he gave you, (which is NOT in the ad, by the way). Then you should have taken it directly to a shop and had it inspected, one week max.

You are complaining almost a year later.

I don't see that the seller did anything wrong.

Am I the only one curious about the latex glove in the pan. That alone tells me it hadn't been runsince the pan was off last.

Too bad the world isnt like the old days where your handshake and word meant something - now people just dont give a crap and are only out for themselves. Sorry about your luck man!

xjmarc said:
Am I the only one curious about the latex glove in the pan. That alone tells me it hadn't been runsince the pan was off last.
i guess it was the sellers way of saying i got fisted raw...atleast im giving you some protection

sucks this happend but like said before...karma ...she is a bitch!!

That does suck, but really, waiting a year?

I stand by my word, but if I had told you about the refund, then you contact me a year later about it not working, I'd tell you to pound sand. No way in hell I'm giving a guy his money back after a year. I have no idea what has been done to that thing since it left my shop.

If you have a deal that's like this, at least be prepared to do what's necessary in a timely manner. Now that's not saying he would have made it right, but you had a better chance.