• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bad seller!

BennyV

Travs87yota calling you out! Called this guy yesterday about a 84 single cab, we talked about it for a minute or two then I told him to consider it sold. We were going to meet today so I could give him cash. He called me last night and said can we do it tonight but he could not drive to me as I did not have anyone to take me. So we planned today around lunch. He had already got the bill of sale wrote up and signed the title he said last night. So I woke up today texted him and he said he sold it this morning! What a piece.

It's not sold till money's in hand. If you wanted it you should have went and got it last night, there's other deals out there just find another one.No sense in bashing someone over this.

But if he agrees to everything it's a little different. I was counting on this truck and he felt the need to go back on his word. I'll bash on someone that won't keep there word all day long

A mans word should still mean something...and he prob couldn't went last night due to work schedule :dunno:
I probably talking outta my ass but I know what it's like to almost miss a deal that was already worked out

You have to look at who you are dealing with. You have a person that is not part of our community. They have about 30 posts and EVERY one is in the classifieds.

A person like that does not have any loyalty to this board.

Buyer beware.

And the buyer should have send a non-refundable PayPal deposit if they wanted it held.

I understand the PayPal thing. But I do cash only. Used my debit card 4 times in my life for online orders. If cash is not good enough I don't no what is!

Re: Bad seller!

What's good enough is right now.

Guess how many people could bitch about buyers that never show up.

Money now or you are taking your chances.

Wait for someone coming tomorrow and tell two other guys item is sold. Jackass doesn't show tomorrow and ya passed up two sure things with cash in hand.......

If you can't pay now, it's yours unless someone else brings cash.

What guarantee did he have that you were going to wake up today and take the truck? So instead of bitching about it look at his side of it. I can't tell you how many times I have heard " Consider it sold" to never hear from the "buyer" again. When I get cash in hand it is sold.

Did I miss read the first post?? Sounds like seller was the one putting off for another day?? Yea a mans word means nothing any longer. Sad but true. Also sad that all the comments like above is why a mans word isnt any good. The world is worried bout the mighty dollar. I always say whatever makes you sleep well at night. :flipoff1:

Originally deal for next day. Seller said we can do it tonight. Buyer could not get to seller. Seller could/would not deliver truck. Someone else went to seller and bought truck.

Seems pretty straightforward. I would have let him know I wasn't holding **** if someone shows up with money.

The way I usually deal with a stranger is make it known that the item I have for sale is first one to put cash in my hand leaves with it.....UNLESS you can convince me somehow that you are committed to buying it. Whether that be via some sort of deposit, lengthy convo about transaction details and I'm convinced that you're serious about it, and that the committed purchase date isn't too far out. You may sound as serious as a cat's ass, but if you say it'll be 2 weeks or more, I ain't holding ****. But if I do end up holding something for someone, and I get burned by a no show, that's my fault. Usually though if I'm willing to hold something for someone for a few days, who's convinced me their inquiry is serious business, it's generally not hurting me to let it sit around a few extra days. Depends alot on what I'm selling really. I try to treat buyers like I would want to be treated as a buyer, regardless of what the item up for purchase may be.

Benny when you see something you want, you have to go get it... right then! Don't screw around, I would have missed many deals if I waited another day. Plain and simple. A seller will tell you (and the other guy) anything he can to make you want what they have, but when somebody comes to them with enough $ in hand most of the time it sells regardless of any deals already struck.

Money is more of a motivater than somebody's feelings getting hurt. :****:

The way i see it a man is only as good as his words. If ya cant follow through with what ya tell someone i have no use for them or have any dealing with that person at anytime ever ..Ya get burnt one time make it the last. I can see both points but if dude had someone come along should have at the least mad a call or text.. :dunno:

pachary said:
Seems pretty straightforward. I would have let him know I wasn't holding **** if someone shows up with money.
I generally throw this out. For every 10 guys on CL that is "on the way with cash" I bet 3 show up, and some tire kick once there. Just because the guy says he's on the way, doesn't mean he on his F'ing way. It does suck that he told you it was sold. That was bad on him, if I say its sold, it is. If I get a bad feeling, I say, "first with cash in my hand gets it". Then you can only be mad you drove too slow/your situation wouldn't allow you to get here.

If someone tells me "done deal" and then sells out from under me, I'm beyond pissed. He just lied. Bad on him. If I'm put off on a sale, and another guy comes along with money and I haven't given my word it is sold, new guy with money gets it. It is different between people you konw or know of, but if its a jackleg on CL texting me wanting my stuff, no promises.

yozuki said:
I can see both points but if dude had someone come along should have at the least mad a call or text.. :dunno:

That's courtesy. I had a buyer do that for me 2 nights ago, called and apologized for no showing and set up for the next night. That NEVER happens. He showed up the next night (last night) and bought the truck. Stand up.

first off i just seen this **** and i think its funny that hes still cryin about me backin out but he aint got the truck and i got 800 more than he was gonna pay and the guy drove to my house and picked it up i promised a close friend of the family the truck days prior but like always money talks and as i was in the middle of swappin the wheels like i told this crybaby the first guy walks up and starts flipin bills hello im not a dumb ass i took the money and didnt have to drive anywhere to top off this situation i called and explained the situation and also offered to sell him another 84 im currently workin on so to sum that all up dont talk **** to a stranger after tellin him where you live and sendin your address info i dont care much for the whole bashin on someone cuz you didnt get your way MAN UP AND STOP BITCHIN

there aint gonna be no fight just pisses me off the hear bitchin so it didnt go your way so what grow a sack and deal with it and like i said he failed to even mention that i offered him another truck but so be it