• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

beer at windrock?

Re: Re: beer at windrock?

See...they're not bad guys, jus guys bein told to do a job. We all gotta do this in our regular jobs that put food on the table snd roof over our head.

Totaly understood Tony but damn, if EVERY bit of the trash was a beer can maybe? If they start seeing coke cans and **** pilled up then what ??...but they know damn good and well it's going to cause issue with people not coming because of it. Underage drinking? Bust their asses! Of age drinkers ? They need to just get over it. If they catch somebody littering kickem the hell out! Our groups don't make a damn mess throwing **** down as most don't. "Police" the park regularly all day and if someone is caught trashin it up make an example out of em in front of all their friends! Embarrassment is far worse in a crowd full of "cool" mofos for acting like a kid! **** just ain't right.

If they patrolled it hardcore like that....where do think they're gonna offset thier cost? That daily pass go up to 20...25...30$? Yeayly pass hit 100+?

Unfortunately. ..beer drinkers are seen very stereotypical. Fat..stupid trash that dont give a ****.

Id say thier ideology on beer in the park prevention is to catch a few with hopes of the responsible beer drinkers being the remainder. I'm sure they know theyll never stop it 100%.

If it means a cooler check to keep my local riding area a lil cleaner and prices low...I'm all for it.

I do understand your frustrations. Jus gotta tryn find that happy median.

I say check me going in if I have 12 bbeers in a cooler
Give am a red sticker. Check me coming out to c if I have
12 empties. Not that big s deal.

Does not sound like trash is the number 1 reason to me from reading this earlier post:

I had my cooler checked in febuary at windrock, I did not have any beer. I asked the guy why they were checking. he said that almost every serious accident was related to alcohol that had happened there. he also said the owners of the land had taken the local chamber of commerce people up on the mountain and everywhere they stopped other people were drinking. they are just trying to improve the image of the sport. the guy was super nice, said he hated to do it, but it was his job.

I can only imagine that like many other private parks there is probably a NO ALCOHOL clause in their insurance also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: beer at windrock?

85buggy said:
I say check me going in if I have 12 bbeers in a cooler
Give am a red sticker. Check me coming out to c if I have
12 empties. Not that big s deal.

Lol...who gonna buy all those stickers? Windrock is open 365 days a year with how many riders a day? Prolly more than 365 stickers needed. ;D

Were going May 23rd weekend. Be our first trip. I`ve read through this and it appears they don`t want beer on the trails. No problem shine or margarita filled water bottles work just fine. One thing I didn`t see a clear answer to was the camp ground. Can you drink back at camp around a fire and such? South georgia folks be loving to Drank

be warned they will fuss at you if there's beer cans everywhere at your camp… they'll write it down in your customer file and remind you of it next time :****:

10-4.. We like to have a few but, we are definetly not messy and Never throw out trash. Big No No in our group. It pisses me off to see that ****.

Well I just called and the camp ground has no cabins. I tried to contact the Lodge and had to leave a message. Online the main lodge is booked but, one of there trailers are open. It says you have to trailer your rig ten minutes to the trail head. The lady at the camp ground said the Lodge was right down the hill from them. Could someone chime in here and give me a little insite. I have a group of 18 people. I guess we can camp if we have to but, its nice to have a comfortable (dry) place to crash after a long day. Whats the next closest thing to the Lodge?

Theres some hotels in oak ridge that are 10-15min from the trail head.

I see rigs/atv's parked there all the time.

No clue on name.

If it helps....its next to the Wal-Mart and red lobster.

(865) 696-7446 we rented a cabin from this guy last time, cool little place, not a ton of parking but you can ride to the trails from there. :driving:

Yeah i called him. Its just to small. 18 people. I just got off the phone with the windmill bed and breakfast about three miles from there. Shes gonna call me back in a few and let me know if she can fit us in. Says she has plenty of parking and has plenty of fire wood to burn in the evenings. If she falls through piss on it were camping.

Well we're camping. She only has room for 12. What's a few spots we gotta hit? Ive heard rattle rock that's about it. I know that the place is big and I don't wanna spend all day looking for good ****. Were riding all day Friday and Saturday.

For a rough loop....run in order:

15...46 (lil mule jus to the left at top of 15)...

...after those 2 you can decide to hit rattle rock or go run schoolbus ( 38 ) .

Id run schoolbus and save rattle rock till second day.

From there go hit the stairsteps...#45 I think...not sure. You go left at top of schoolbus.

From top of stairsteps youll run the gravel rd a short distance climbing up the mountain and drop DOWN trail 3 on the left. Then youll take the 41a trail(right at the intersection)...its all downhill.

At the end of that trail is rail trail 40 on the left and 39 (Cadillac hill) is on the right.

Rail is harder and will put you back out at the bottom of 3. If you run Cadillac it will end at a gravel rd that youll go right and it will put back at the top of 3.

On 3 there are like 3 hills in one. Have fun playing on them if your stuff is still turnin.

You can save the below pix to your phone gallery and jus pinch and zoom to navigate easier.

7uneguty.jpg

aqane8az.jpg

One more question. I see were you said rattle rock 2nd day. How would you split the trip up. Same trails you mentioned just day these and day these. With the harder ones being 2 and day.?

Yea pretty much....rattle rock is close to 15/mule/bus so its not like its outa the way to run.

Also...if dont mind some gravel driving/map readin....the 81/81a trails have some steepish hill climbs/crawls.