• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

beer at windrock?

truckbroke said:
Well I just called and the camp ground has no cabins. I tried to contact the Lodge and had to leave a message. Online the main lodge is booked but, one of there trailers are open. It says you have to trailer your rig ten minutes to the trail head. The lady at the camp ground said the Lodge was right down the hill from them. Could someone chime in here and give me a little insite. I have a group of 18 people. I guess we can camp if we have to but, its nice to have a comfortable (dry) place to crash after a long day. Whats the next closest thing to the Lodge?

There is an awesome property with a cabin and another home on acreage for rent right across the mountain. We stayed there last time. It was perfect for our large group and was less than the others. Search VRBO in mount olive or ask the lodge guy for the number for the Hicks property. There was about 1/10 of a mile of a paved road and then a gravel rd to the trailhead. We had 10 or so rigs, none tagged and had no problem although that short paved section is definitely a gamble.

5BrothersFabrication said:
The reason he said save Rattlerock for the 2nd day is that if you break in it, plan for a half to all day extraction. :driving:

I learned this the hard way my first time there and have seen several do it since.

Re: Re: beer at windrock?

If you guys get up/back there and get lost or confused...gimme a call if you still have a cell signal..... PM me for phone # if needed.

i understand "the no alcohol policy " for insurance reasons , i understand the concerns of trash pilling up and i myself think it's very trashy to litter and have always picked up mine and others off the trail.........but that being said windrock kinda sucks the people that run the campground are always on your case about everything parking,beer,working on rigs in the campground all kinds of stuff we were there in jan and got harassed in the campground multiple times and then i was standing propped against my car at the parking area before the trail waiting on my friend to come from the campground to pick me up and the guy in the nissan pulled up and was a huge **** about searching my car when i wasn't even in it just standing there no beer in hand or around .. that being said i like the wheeling at windrock but everything else sucks , my favorite would have to be GOLDEN MTN the dude that runs that place is super nice ,2nd would be harlan minus having to drive from evarts to the trail and back after drinking but that's what Jim Beam is for ;D it is just hard to handle a lot of this stuff and it gets on your nerves after ya work all week ,you pay a **** ton of money to have a rig ,tow it to a place to wheel ,and pay to wheel it and camp and then get bitched at . that's just my threefidy

Just talked to the lady at the campground and booked site 14,15 ,16 and 4, 5 as there will be 18 of us. Those are right around the bath houses. Should I keep it like that or tell her to put us in the back away from the bath houses? Basically would that be better to be left the **** alone or does it even matter? Shes basically telling me only one tent per site unless its a small two man tent. This is hard with us cause we are such a big group. If I have her put us in the back would we be better off piling up or would they bust us up just the same. Just wondering thats all.

truckbroke said:
Just talked to the lady at the campground and booked site 14,15 ,16 and 4, 5 as there will be 18 of us. Those are right around the bath houses. Should I keep it like that or tell her to put us in the back away from the bath houses? Basically would that be better to be left the **** alone or does it even matter? Shes basically telling me only one tent per site unless its a small two man tent. This is hard with us cause we are such a big group. If I have her put us in the back would we be better off piling up or would they bust us up just the same. Just wondering thats all.

There's alot to be said for "probable cause". If there is visually no reason to dig for gold.....then generally no one will. A group of 18 "high society pillars of the community" would seem haaaaaaaard to miss in this guys eyes. ;)

You "miiiiiiight" wanna edit your post........there are "lurkers" that view this PUBLIC board. ;) (reason why I did not quote your last post). Just lookin' out for'ya man. I want you and your buddies to have the best time possible.

We may be riding there as well this weekend.....not sure what trails....prolly usuall semi-hard/hard stuff.

BNBOFFROAD said:
i understand "the no alcohol policy " for insurance reasons , i understand the concerns of trash pilling up and i myself think it's very trashy to litter and have always picked up mine and others off the trail.........but that being said windrock kinda sucks the people that run the campground are always on your case about everything parking,beer,working on rigs in the campground all kinds of stuff we were there in jan and got harassed in the campground multiple times and then i was standing propped against my car at the parking area before the trail waiting on my friend to come from the campground to pick me up and the guy in the nissan pulled up and was a huge **** about searching my car when i wasn't even in it just standing there no beer in hand or around .. that being said i like the wheeling at windrock but everything else sucks , my favorite would have to be GOLDEN MTN the dude that runs that place is super nice and don't give a FAWWWWWKKKK hell you could do coke with TONY MONTANA himself and ride around shooting **** with a m-60 and it would not matter ,2nd would be harlan minus having to drive from evarts to the trail and back after drinking but that's what Jim Beam is for ;D it is just hard to handle a lot of this stuff and it gets on your nerves after ya work all week ,you pay a **** ton of money to have a rig ,tow it to a place to wheel ,and pay to wheel it and camp and then get bitched at . that's just my threefidy

Where is the like button for this
Riding without a beer is unAmerican, I'm liable to carry the same hot ass flat beer all day. But I still like to have it.

Re: Re: Re: beer at windrock?

tonybolton said:
You "miiiiiiight" wanna edit your post........there are "lurkers" that view this PUBLIC board. ;) (reason why I did not quote your last post). Just lookin' out for'ya man. I want you and your buddies to have the best time possible.

We may be riding there as well this weekend.....not sure what trails....prolly usuall semi-hard/hard stuff.

X2

Also I think BNBOFFROAD should edit his post about golden mtn...

Yes, Anthony is cool about not hassling people, but I assure you he does "give a fawk" and would run you off if you were causing trouble.

(I know what he meant by that comment, but some idiots can take **** wrong, because you know, " they read it on the internet" )

Re: Re: Re: beer at windrock?

TBItoy said:
X2

Also I think BNBOFFROAD should edit his post about golden mtn...

Yes, Anthony is cool about not hassling people, but I assure you he does "give a fawk" and would run you off if you were causing trouble.

(I know what he meant by that comment, but some idiots can take **** wrong, because you know, " they read it on the internet" )
totally a joke edited for ya , he is good people is what i am trying to say and easy going unlike the people at windrock

Well we gone go... And have a good time regardless. There are assholes anywhere u go and I'm sure I have been called one before.
Beer is a plus on any occasion... But if they don't play that **** then we will abide by the rules.
We ain't gotta have beer to enjoy ourselves....but it sure helps.