• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best CONCERT you've ever been to?

InDaShop

Dont Tread On Me
Driving in this morning the radio show I was listening to had people calling in with the best concerts they'd been too. They were naming The Stones "XXX show somehwereX" , Rush the "XXX tour", Pink Floyd something or other. I wish I was old enough to have been able to see Zepplin live even though they werent a great live act, or the original Skynard.

So that made me ponder, I've been to some good shows IMO or at least I had a good time at some IMO. So here are mine...

Three come to mind for me:
1. Cypress Hill in Kansas City at Memorial Hall sometime around '93. House of Pain and Funkdoobiest opened for them. It was one of the first concerts I'd ever been too, and watched some serious drugs get consumed. For a farm kid from Kansas this was innercity shock at its finest. These two mexicans infront of us lit of a crack pipe, and when they rolled the huge smoking hand out to "Insane in the Brain" with the giant doobie I swear I was contact high. But the concert was awesome, this was before you could really be a wh-igger, rap was cool and it was before everything was synthesized.
2. Dont ****ing laugh ****ers, but Indigo Girls playing the quad at Memphis State University, fall-2006. I was in Memphis to see the #2 ranked Vols play Memphis Peyton Manniing was a Junior and expected to go pro that year. Memphis upset the Vols, it was ****ing crazy. The concert happened to be that night, I'd never heard of the dingo girls and I hooked up with a assistant professor, we went up to her office over looking the quad opened the windows drinking Memphis Mud and and knocked it out. Turns out I dont really like the Indigo Girls but that concert was crazy insane and the outcome wentdown in my memory banks as truely living. (For you southern ****ers, this was my first run in with a southern belle, and it would not be my last, love those southern women)
3. Night before my wedding. We had rented a Tourbus to haul people from the church in Sugar Land into Houston to the restaurant for the rehersal dinner. On the way back to SL, I made the Tourbus pull over at the Firehouse where Cross Canadian Ragweed, Jason Bowland and the Stragglers were playing. All the guys got off and we partied until they threw us out. I've seen CCR and Bowand probably fifty times but that one was the best, best friends, good beer, great times. Downside, didnt get laid laughing1

An honorable mention AC/DC Black in Black tour at Sandstone in KC, but a fat bitch wrecked that one for me when she tried to kick my ass for making out with her friend. I got some good scratches out of the deal and lost my shirt, kinda got my ass kicked cause I wouldnt punch the hooker.

I have been to several DMB shows, and those are probably my favorite. Seen Widespread a few times and that is always a good way to get high just by breathing. Other than that I saw Cowboy Mouth in their prime at UA and it was cool and went to a Buffett show at the BJCC and it was a good time.

Saw Buffett in Atlanta a few years ago at an outdoor theater, very cool show. It was like a big party that Buffett played at.

Don't laugh, but saw Prince about 10 years ago. That little SOB can put on a show.

When I was in college I saw a lot of hair bands. Probably the one show I remember the most was Warrant, Trixter and Firehouse. I think every person I knew at the time was there. Other good ones were Poison, Cinderella, Kiss, Van Halen and Winger.

But my favorite to go see is Kid Rock. He works his ass off to make sure you enjoy the show. Will be seeing him in about a month again.

Matt O. said:
Oh I forgot I saw Motley Crue with the Scorpions opening up, pretty cool!

We went to a Motley Crue concert about 5 years ago. I am either getting old or they suck in their old age because if I had not been with two other couples and I would have left after the second song. Worst concert I have ever been too, and I love live music. I saw them back in high school and they rocked the house.

Candlebox is awesome live. Have seen them back when and twice the past 2 years and still amazing.

Metallica YEARS ago. I wouldn't piss on them now if they were on fire

U2 back in 1991?? Great show

Pink Floyd back in 1992?? BEST EVER

Bones said:
Metallica YEARS ago. I wouldn't piss on them now if they were on fire

U2 back in 1991?? Great show

Pink Floyd back in 1992?? BEST EVER

Saw Metallica at Sandstone, for whatever reason they didnt sound good to me, the people I was with kinda sucked, and generally did not have a good time.
U2 what I wouldnt give to have been to one of their shows on the Joshua Tree tour, bet that **** was amazing. As for Floyd drool
I think I was born about 15 years to late based on my music taste. Like I wished I'd seen the Talking Heads for example. Or even Deep Purple, Cream, Kansas, Rush , Bob Segar, Allmans.
Dont get me wrong I love the hair band **** but for whatever reason I've regressed on that screaming big hair tight pants ****.

Buffett drool In college I loved me some Buffett, but again somewhere after college grew out of it. I do love one of his recents "Bama Breeze"

1. The Greencards, Bruce Robison, and Kelly Willis played a private concert for Ft. Worth at the Bass Hall for about 50 FtW elitest. I acquired two stage front tickets by dropping off a load of canned goods at a radio station and flirting with a hideous intern. Supposed to take her, but stood her up in lieu of taking an old employee that loves TX country. first, we walked in the main entrance, a waiter serving champagne and cavier politely told us we were in the wrong place, turns out we were supposed to be in the practice hall. My 19 yo ass walks in the door and proceded to the beer trough (literally, metal tub) and ordered a Shiner. Bruce walked around the corner, started chatting it up, and demanded that we put all our beers on his tab because we were the only real TX country supporters there in a crowd w/ an avg. age of 60. Green cards opened, and we tore it up all night dancing with the girls in their band while drinking on Bruce's tab. Cool dood. After the concert, when everyone was completely hammered, the lead singer for the Greencards asked my friend to meet her at her hotel. Dumbass turned her down, I've questioned his sexuality since. Bruce told us how much he hated the dixie chicks, Toby Keith, and Tim McGraw. molaugh

2. REK at th Grizzly Rose in Denver. Horrible turnout, so he had them lock the doors, bought the ~40 or so people a cooler full of Shiner, and played until 4 or 5 am.

I don't go to concerts, but the Jason Boland show that Wyatt took me to before his wedding was an absolute ****ing blast. Too much fun. I went out and bought 2 of his CD's after that, and I don't buy music laughing1
I didn't go to a Kid Rock/Aerosmith show when I had free tickets and a ride on a Sunday night after a week at the sand dunes. I was hungover and had sandpaper rash in my ass and nuts, and I still kick myself in the ass for that one. ****ing stupid. I love both acts dearly, and missed out for being a ***** laughing1
No other concerts to report.

AC/DC at the jacksonville colliseum, it also helped the smoking hot girl next to me in a little red leather dress barely long enough to cover anything when she was standing and showing everything when she sat down wearing no panties

InDaShop said:
Saw Metallica at Sandstone, for whatever reason they didnt sound good to me, the people I was with kinda sucked, and generally did not have a good time.
U2 what I wouldnt give to have been to one of their shows on the Joshua Tree tour, bet that **** was amazing. As for Floyd drool
I think I was born about 15 years to late based on my music taste. Like I wished I'd seen the Talking Heads for example. Or even Deep Purple, Cream, Kansas, Rush , Bob Segar, Allmans.
Dont get me wrong I love the hair band **** but for whatever reason I've regressed on that screaming big hair tight pants ****.

Buffett drool In college I loved me some Buffett, but again somewhere after college grew out of it. I do love one of his recents "Bama Breeze"
I've seen Kansas, Styx, REO. Good shows, but not applicable for this thread. :****: Talking heads are bad ass and I agree

US then was Zooropa tour. Outdoor stadium, amazing. Saw them and Floyd at Iowa States football stadium.

Govt Mule at the Tabernacle in Atlanta back in 08
Dave Matthews and Allman Bros rocked at Peidmont Park in Atlanta back in 07 as well

InDaShop said:
I never took you for a gay, hmmm learn something new everyday :flipoff1:

If Kenny Chesney does not blow dudes then the world will end. He has to be the gayest sumbitch on earth.

ZZ Top is on the top of my list. Went with my brother-in-law, his girlfriend and my wife. Me and him had a blast.

Not my favorite band but I took my wife and mom to see Black Eyed Pees. Was very suprised when they started the show. They put on a show and even broke out some old classic rock tunes. Also helped that 2 couples that where lesbians sat in the row in front of us and made out almost the entire show.

AC/DC RAZORS EDGE tour Atlanta 1990 ...........****IN CRAZY ASS TIME......and helluva a concert , TURKEY & JACK on the way, & sneeked more into show , don,t even remember leavin,

or drivin 85 MPH down Northside drive , but still GET REMINDED BOUT IT from my friends from time to time , 6 of us in my car, ALL RETARDED lookin back :wtflol:

But MOST WILDEST CONCERT EVER :****:

In No particular order... But awesome times in their own right...

Eric Church- Jupiter
Tim Brantley/ High tide blues- Workplay
DMB- Atlanta
Phish- Tabernacle
JBB (Jefferson Brothers Band) and Charlies Place... A gas station, pawn shop, family buffet, and bar rolled into one!
Whisky River Band- Harrys

I'm not a big Arena, bjcc, cram a million people into the concert kinda guy. I like the more local, low key, smaller settings... Where the band interacts with the audience, and If I Yell at the lead singer, he hears what I have to say and responds.. :drinkers:

CheapJ7 said:
I'm not a big Arena, bjcc, cram a million people into the concert kinda guy. I like the more local, low key, smaller settings... Where the band interacts with the audience, and If I Yell at the lead singer, he hears what I have to say and responds.. :drinkers:

Same for me. I did go see Stained at the VBCC. Breaking Benjamin and Chevelle opened for them if I remember right. Pretty good show...what I remember anyway.... :drinkers: