• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best Jumper Box?

Haulin4alivin

We'll I'm tired of dragging jumper cables around and finding my toys shoved in the hard to get to corner and needing a jump. So I've decided to try a jumper box. Any suggestions on brands, models, Ect.....

Haulin4alivin said:
We'll I'm tired of dragging jumper cables around and finding my toys shoved in the hard to get to corner and needing a jump. So I've decided to try a jumper box. Any suggestions on brands, models, Ect.....

When I worked at a car dealership we had like 10 jumper boxes of various brands (sorry, didn't pay attention to which) and they ALL sucked. Over time the the batteries would just die. I came to believe that there is no such thing as a good one.

The guys have them at the shop but you have to be careful with putting them on big motors as they will blow the inline fuse.

A guy that I work with has a mini Snap On jump box and it jumped off a 5.9 Cummins that had completely dead batteries in it. It wouldn't even turn over with jumper cables and our shop jump box hooked to it at the same time. He hooked the mini Snap On to it by itself and she fired up like it had two good batteries in it! Made me a believer.

Speaking of jumper boxes, has anyone ever used one to run a trailer winch? -just long enough to get a rig dragged onto the trailer? I've *heard* it works well. I started building a removable trailer winch setup and I'm starting to wonder if just throwing a come along in the trailer box would just be easier. Any experience.

DirtMonkey said:
Speaking of jumper boxes, has anyone ever used one to run a trailer winch? -just long enough to get a rig dragged onto the trailer? I've *heard* it works well. I started building a removable trailer winch setup and I'm starting to wonder if just throwing a come along in the trailer box would just be easier. Any experience.

that's a really good idea..
I may try that

I need one for work anyways, the guys drive '13 patriots and at least once a week someone's batt dies or alt goes out... biggest pieces of junk on earth I swear

DirtMonkey said:
Gone Crawlin said:
I've got two Jump-n-carry 660 jumper boxes and love them, one of them is 5 years old and still going strong. I leave it in my truck toolbox and it will start my diesel after being stored without charging for 6 months!!! The other gets used almost daily at work. Here's their site. http://www.cloreautomotive.com/JNC/

I've used the Jump-n-Carry also. That is what I would go with if I wanted to run the winch. The mini boxes are awesome to throw in the rig when out wheeling. I used mine on the trail to jump start someone that was in a place it would have been tough reach with jumper cables. They had been making fun of my jump box at the hotel the night before when I was using it to charge my phone.

I use a jump box on trailer winches 4 times a week every week of summer. I just buy a cheap one once a year from autozone or wherever. Usually I get a one year warranty that they save under my phone number. Works fine.

Bought one from Mac 2 years ago, gets used daily and kicks ass, had one of the small ones recently as a demo from a vendor, works ok but forget using it to crank a dead car with a bad alternator and driving it in the shop. Cables aren't big enough so it get hot quick and will burn one out, but other than that they are pretty cool.
I have a black and decker that is about 10 years old and has the compressor built in that is finally showing it's age. The compressor came in super handy airing up all kinds of crap.