• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best man made challenges.

skipnrocks

We have some wheeling property. I am trying to get the owners to build some fun challenges in the easier parts of the property, its filled with ravines and valleys. Its a fun place. Anyways I remember seeing on here a while back some cool manmade additions including walls and water fall type structures etc out of old concrete slabs. So if you have pics and suggestions Ill take what you got. I have been searching on here I remember a park doing a huge bowl with a lip that was supposed to be tough but no luck yet.

Rockwells607 said:
I think it was called Great American Park or GAP . Search ledge of faith and videos should
Pop up

I found the ledge of faith. That is one I was thinking of. There is another that had some tires at the bottom and rocks and a steep little climb that had several roll overs on. But I am open to all you got. Just want to add as much as possible to the park.

Our old park used to be similar:

https://youtu.be/8wQsZsqwPzI

https://youtu.be/VtYZnXqXnU4

Mostly a mixture of big rocks, concrete blocks, pan tires to create rock gardens, stair steps, ramps. A few pics i could find.

4efa8fb1dc62f53396066580f6cbe974.jpg

ce46fb05f39044ff3c9a243cc29f2fa9.jpg

38ab33eb9638343c3f20f84c3589260a.jpg

1585bdb15c76490b04a23799e31eb70a.jpg

4af750f827c67fc9e706d784dc58dc4e.jpg

16c7b74bb75d96ca73adb709c419a29e.jpg

Morris mtn had two I beams coming out of the side of a hill angled down about 4 feet apart. You would drive off the ledge and your axles would slide down the beams. It was nothing crazy but it was fun in a mildly built rig.
I tried to slide up them with a little momentum. :dunno: it was no bueno

Hpo had a little boat ramp right at the parking area. thumb.gif

Witc has the exit of twister 3.

Search for a place called truckhaven. Its a state run place in ocotillo wells. Nothing to amazing but might spur some ideas. Lots of concrete, concrete pipe and tire obstacles. I will say concrete can be pretty hard on your rig. But they are fun obstacles that you can take a less built rig on and really have a challenge or (in memory of) "Take the hardline" and challenge your well built rig.

Warewolf SD said:
Search for a place called truckhaven. Its a state run place in ocotillo wells. Nothing to amazing but might spur some ideas. Lots of concrete, concrete pipe and tire obstacles. I will say concrete can be pretty hard on your rig. But they are fun obstacles that you can take a less built rig on and really have a challenge or (in memory of) "Take the hardline" and challenge your well built rig.

Weird to see people on here that know about that place.

creepycrawly said:
Weird to see people on here that know about that place.

San Diego is home so ocotillo is about the closest place to wheel. Probably the only guy you'll see with a wide open design car mobbing around in the so cal desert.

The proving grounds in Delta Utah is pretty cool. Their man made obstacles will tear a car up lol.

I will say this making them isn't that bad I helped make the boat ramp at hawk pride but it does take a good bit of equipment and materials and it is hard to find that stuff for free. Those jersey blocks cost around 50-75 a pop and the septic tank lids are normally around 100 but if you have the stuff they are sure fun to make also make it harder than you think it will need to be bc when we were making the boat ramp I didn't think anyone would be able to climb it but it isn't that bad once you see a few guys go up it

http://youtu.be/s2t0n3LVp3g