• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best man made challenges.

SBJeepn said:
I live in Billings MT. Were trying to get more extreme wheelin here.

:eek:
Sorry, bud. I'm out. I was thinking if it was somewhere between Cincinnati and Birmingham, Memphis and Charlotte, I'd make a weekend out of it. Montana is a hell of a hike! :****:

Re:

We've got a million dollar man made course in Columbus Ohio that just sits in container lot wasting away. We had a few guys set something up once where were gonna be able to rent it for $1000 a day or something like that and they ended up shutting that idea down for insurance reasons. I guess that had a we-rock event or 2 there before I really got into the sport.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/events/131-0603-2005-we-rockcrawling-grand-nationals/

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

onepieceatatime said:
We've got a million dollar man made course in Columbus Ohio that just sits in container lot wasting away. We had a few guys set something up once where were gonna be able to rent it for $1000 a day or something like that and they ended up shutting that idea down for insurance reasons. I guess that had a we-rock event or 2 there before I really got into the sport.
http://www.fourwheeler.com/events/131-0603-2005-we-rockcrawling-grand-nationals/

Drool

Re:

onepieceatatime said:

I had no idea that was still around. Columbus was the 1st thing I thought of when I read this thread. I looked but couldn't find any old pics.

sledneck said:
I had no idea that was still around. Columbus was the 1st thing I thought of when I read this thread. I looked but couldn't find any old pics.
Last time I drove by there I could still see it back there but it's been awhile. I've heard other people say it's still there though.

Quick derail, were you hauling your Jeep south on 75 yesterday? I think I seen you.

Eddyj said:
Morris mtn had two I beams coming out of the side of a hill angled down about 4 feet apart. You would drive off the ledge and your axles would slide down the beams. It was nothing crazy but it was fun in a mildly built rig.
I tried to slide up them with a little momentum. :dunno: it was no bueno

those I beams were awesome...i made it up them one night like that and it was real fun - really didnt think it would go...but it did! I have the video somewhere....

found it! man its crazy how far video quality has come in 6 years.... laughing1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tQIuZhsRgE

onepieceatatime said:
Quick derail, were you hauling your Jeep south on 75 yesterday? I think I seen you.

I sold it in Dec to some old guy down near cincy.

Re:

Well it was headed south and I was running 70mph north but it still looked cherry

There is a man made course in Portland indiana still just rotting away too. Used to be sweet when they held we rock events there. It was all shotcrete too like the roc.

Rausch Creek Offroad Park has a man made shot crete comp coarse as well, they've add a lot the last few years and host several rock crawl comps there, traction is insane on that textured finish even in the rain. stock rigs have fun on some of it with open diffs they still do very well, they mixed bolders in with the layout so its not all just spraycrete theres goobers hanging out in places.

Old School Rock Crawl in Delta Utah has an entire man made crawling area called the proving grounds. The courses are legit and will destroy cars. Also Idaho X rocks in Nampa Idaho are man made as well, and is pretty cool.