• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best place to wheel???

tonybolton said:
I wouldn't say Windrock is "badass".....but I like it. I mean, its the closest place for me to wheel. There's alota land and trails there but really the only jeep/buggy/entertaining trails are(in order of path run): 15, Lil Mule, Schoolbus(or Rattle Rock if you want the harder stuff first), StairSteps, 3, 40, 39. Then you have Atomic Ridge way over on the other side of the BFE which is where all the big dogs would probably be. I've never been, but i've heard enough of "its steep" to not really make it high on my priority list.

There's some 31-35" tire trail stuff over there like 22 and 16 and 12/13 that are good one hand on the wheel cruising/exploring. Same goes for 35 and 36. 42 and 43 are a small step up but still cruising type for 1 ton stuff.

Some don't like the fact that theres gravel road driving to/from each trail, or the fact some trails are just that.....TRAILS with like 1 or 2 obstacles on them. I like
Don't get me wrong, a place like GMP is nice with everything concentrated in a small area....but I still like jus ridin' around in nice weather enjoying the weather/day for the most part. I really don't care too much about 46 epic beatdowns in 30 minutes just to get over an obstacle that I could just back up 10ft and go around. Some like that though.
so you don't like mine and michaels epic beat downs :flipoff1:

June Dog, you and Eddie should come down for a weekend. We could split a cabin (so I don't have to pull 45 minutes each way both days) and come out cheaper for errybody. There's plenty of us to make it entertaining.
:drinkers:

wv_lx450 said:
yes, we've been to ivy a couple times. like wheeling there. ive heard of wellsville but we've never been there. is there enough riding there for multiple days? im in fayetteville, most of the others in our group are in summersville.

It looks like your only about 3.5 hours away. Yes there is plenty there for a few days. Only problem right now is there is no good place to get in. The old Village ohv club is supposed to be coming under new lease agreement so if they get that handled and grade the road going in it will be OK.

WTf, thought I posted to this but it didn't show up.

Hawk Pride is a must see park. Tons and tons of badass rock obstacles and badass views from atop mountains. Lots of trail riding because the place is so big. Campground is one of the nicest I've been to. The bath house has individual stalls with toilet, sink, and shower in em, and they are CLEAN compared to anything else I've seen. Even got a wash pad with pressure washer for your rig! Depending on the day, a badass concession stand too! I would put this park above any others I've been to, Chocc coming in 2nd and maybe Hale and Morris Mtn in 3rd

June dog said:
Sounds like you would be a good trail leader. I don't like going somewhere new just to hit the baddest trail there is. I like seeing as much of the place as I can and hit some good trails along the way. Sometimes the best trips are casual riding hanging out :drinkers: and : :smoke:n a few and takin in the scenery. Any trip I can drive back to the trailer is a good trip in my book.

Couldn't agree more with this. We've been to Windrock the last 3 years, and although I enjoy the challenging stuff, trail 12-13 is probably my favorite ride there. Nice long trail that runs a really neat creek bed down in a valley through the pines. We spent over 1/2 day cruising trail 12 and packed our camp grill and had fajitas for lunch. It was good times for sure!

Hey Seth, how did Yall like chaos? Just stumbled across a video of all Yall there, place looked good. Be sure to let me know when you're heading south. I'll meet up with you hillbilly's if I can :dblthumb:

it was fun. it was set up different than most places we go and still a work in progress. it was more big obstacles spread out on the property than trails. they had a few trails cleared but we mostly just drove around and found stuff we wanted to try and hit it. ill let you know what we get planned. headin to swiss this weekend to start cutting a new trail or two.

5BrothersFabrication said:
June Dog, you and Eddie should come down for a weekend. We could split a cabin (so I don't have to pull 45 minutes each way both days) and come out cheaper for errybody. There's plenty of us to make it entertaining.
:drinkers:

Sounds like a plan.

There is a group from up north, Hard Rock Crawlers. They usually come down one a year for about a week and hit 3 or so parks. The park owners will probably work with you guys for weekday dates..........