• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best Steak Ever thread

money_pit_yj

I was reading in Patoyees TX vacation thread all about Texas steakhouses. What is the best steak you have ever eaten? Doesn't have to be a restaurant, could be your own. I am not talking about a sirloin from TGI fridays either, I am looking for places it is worth going out of the way to eat at, or a recipe or cooking method that makes a perfect steak every time. :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat:

Mine is probably a ribeye from Cattlemens at The Stockyards in Ft Worth or a bone in ribeye from Stoney River in Franklin TN. Both cooked rare

One of the best if not the best ribeye I've ever had was at wildcatter ranch in Graham TX.

Costco has a cut that is called a prime ribeye cap steak. It's a thinner cut that is rolled up to resemble a filet. It cooks like a filet but tastes like a ribeye. Hands down the best steak I've ever eaten/cooked.

I'm kind of a cheap ass so most of my steaks are chuck eye's = poor mans ribeye. I love them salt and pepper; seared on both sides 1/4 oz of salty butter on top as they cool.

I'll have to look into that Wes. What is the price/lb typically on those?

As far as the best steak I can recall purchasing... Hands down Chicago Cut. Had a NY Strip, and it was the most tender strip I've ever eaten.

bad80cj said:
I'm kind of a cheap ass so most of my steaks are chuck eye's = poor mans ribeye. I love them salt and pepper; seared on both sides 1/4 oz of salty butter on top as they cool.

Exactly how I do mines 8)

Bone-in ribeye, soaked in milk for a full day (tenderize). Rubbed with super duper secret rub (we all have one). Seared over high heat on both sides, RARE! HANDS DOWN! Better than flashemifyougotem

matth_85 said:
I'll have to look into that Wes. What is the price/lb typically on those?

As far as the best steak I can recall purchasing... Hands down Chicago Cut. Had a NY Strip, and it was the most tender strip I've ever eaten.

Pretty sure the last ones I bought 2 weeks ago were $18/lb.

Re: Best Steak Ever thread

Connor's Steahhouse at Bridgestreet in Huntsville, AL has some prime beef if that ain't too far from you!

7358e134afae41b8b744899c54dd2188.jpg

Re:

zukimaster said:
If you eat any steak cooked past medium, you're gay!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That was medium, I believe their steaks are cooked in a super high heat broiler? Could be wrong. Aren't a lot of fancy steaks cooked in a broiler? So a medium will look medium-well/well on the outside, but cool red center?

Re: Re: Best Steak Ever thread

1tonrenegade said:
The bone in ribeye at Texas roadhouse is a good one!
I was going to suggest this is well but figured I would get raked over the coals for suggesting a franchise place.

I also like the Chop House and Aubreys for others.

Those aren't just steaks that I thought were good but when I cut into them and got that first bite it opened my eyes up pretty good and made me say, "Damn!"

Re:

Dad's a cattle farmer. Free steaks ftw!

Lots of good (and not so good) suggestions/tutorials on how to cook steak on the internet.

I like to put a cast iron skillet on the grill to get it super damn hot and sear/crust the outside like a restaurant steak

Hunter's Pub & Steakhouse. Near Hamilton Ga. Cinder block building. Bring your own drink in a cup of they have beer/wine. You might see Dan Amos the AFLAC CEO or Jeff Foxworthy or me! Ribeye And be sure to get a plate of fried lobster tails The peanut butter pie is the **** too.