• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bonneville Bound Speedweek 2010

Congrats Wyatt. Glad to hear Dave got everything worked out to get back out on the salt! After all Triple Nickel has to race something ......otherwise i'd just be another .15 cent. laughing1 molaugh

Well my morning got turned around but dad said something about this years salt motor so thats what happened. :****: We had major problems with this motor last year before tossing in the towel and trying to License on the Foyt motor. So it didnt go to Utah with us.
Anyway breaking flexplates, and starters if it didnt hit on the 1st crank due to the compression. Well Tom got it fixed, and fired this am. Oh man, 800-820hp 529ci Cadillac motor sounds good out some straight dumps on the test stand.

Now its time to make the midplate and get it stabbed into the salt car. Wont be setting any records on this motor, even if it will get us over 200mph the AA motor class record is something like 275 or 285 (guesstimate off the top of my head recollection) maybe even higher after last season. But what this motor will let us do is make licensing runs for ourselves and the car, then start doing laps and really shake the car down at speed. Then shoot to come back with the Foyt and nail that F class record something retarded high.

blacksheep10 said:
awesome.
what was the deal with the flexplates and starters, carb leaking fuel and hydrolocking?

had the magneto timing far enough off, so when it didn't hit to start the high compression would rebound. Enough that it chipped teeth off the flexplate twice, then bent the snout on the starter gear.

You guys are going to have fun fitting that beast into that little car!

So the Foyt is staying in H-town this year?

Blase said:
You guys are going to have fun fitting that beast into that little car!

So the Foyt is staying in H-town this year?

It'll fit, headers have to curl up over the top though, and I already sectioned the pan WAY down and added extra oil capacity off the sides. So yes Foyt staying on the stand, until we get our licenses. Its what we should have done last year. The Foyt is way too finicky to be starting and stopping allthe time expecting reliable repetitive results from. And for the last curveball, dad is now talking that he cant go this year. So talk about a Debbie Downer right now.