• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BOOM goes ARB

InDaShop

Dont Tread On Me
muthafugging 40spline get that **** and never break type'a crazy rocking out shafts!!!

f349e12e.jpg

Thats cool and all, but now you will just start breaking CTMs and Ring Gears. Thats one of the reasons I didn't go 40 spline.

Yep that would fix the breaking rear axle issue but would prob make breaking the ring and pinion issue alot worse.

Matt O. said:
Not very high for an ARB, that is MSRP also. What is hi is all the other stuff needed to run 40 spline like shafts, hubs, etc.

Its not that bad if you're building a custom axle from scratch and have to invest in it all to begin with anyway, but I agree, to switch from 35 to 40 spine is probably expensive.

I do however think that 40-spline is going to bring about kind of a revolution in axles though. Like someone said, 60 joints, even CTMs, are going to be the new weak link. A joint upgrade is going to be the next demand. 1550 / rockwell is the next step.

Of course, people were killing d60 r&p's with 35-spline so that will also be a weak link. I think 14-bolt hybrids are going to become more popular, too.

There's some exciting stuff going on over at Ouverson, too. The axle industry is going to get real shook up soon.

My dream axles are 14-bolt hybrids with Ouverson 2" rockwell shafts in them. That is 100% doable right now using a spool. But if you want a lockable dif the ARB 14-bolt 40-spline with some Ouverson 2" shafts turned down would be a very nice axle also.

I think AA needs to come up with a bigger output for Atlases and NP205's now. :)

J. J.

What happends when the weak link becomes the trail... we've all got million dollar rigs, but no one ever spins a tire... be like wheelin the forest roads in a mall crawler...
I personally have no where near the caliber of rig most of you guys do, but i've noticed since my switch to reds that theres only one obstacle at my local spot my rig won't crawl without any effort...
i'd say this is why the dual poupose/driver/adventure rig craze is coming on so strong...

And as far as racing applications, seems like its a wallet race instead of a speed issue... anyway, just my morning rant justifying bein a broke ass right now... :flipoff1:

CheapJ7 said:
What happends when the weak link becomes the trail... we've all got million dollar rigs, but no one ever spins a tire... be like wheelin the forest roads in a mall crawler...
I personally have no where near the caliber of rig most of you guys do, but i've noticed since my switch to reds that theres only one obstacle at my local spot my rig won't crawl without any effort...
i'd say this is why the dual poupose/driver/adventure rig craze is coming on so strong...

And as far as racing applications, seems like its a wallet race instead of a speed issue... anyway, just my morning rant justifying bein a broke ass right now... :flipoff1:
STFU. People that whine about these parts making **** too easy are the people that can't afford the parts :flipoff1:
besides, stronger axles aren't going to get you up the trail without slipping a tire, they just make sure you get there with everything intact :flipgotcha:

S what's the concensus on ARB reliability though? I wasn't paying attention to all the Pirate drama about lock rings and such. Is the d60 ARB unreliable from the get-go? Is a 40-spline pointless since there is already a preexisting weak link?

J. J.