• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bouncer Build

Jtuck51

It'll Buff Out
I'm new to the forum and plan on building a bouncer as my first project in my shop when I close it in next month. I've watched hours and hours of videos and read threads on everything needed and all the calculations that get put into building one. My question is, could you build off of a rail job as a base to a bouncer? Of course the chassis would be reinforced and much modifications would come into play to change the style of drivetrain used for bouncers. Would it be worth the money saved? Also I've found 2.5 ton rockwells for $500 and turbo 400 for under $400.

Welcome to hardline.

Building a bouncer from a rail can be done, but you won't be saving any money or time.

In fact, doing that reminds me of this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eilNyALx5Ms

That's weird because this post reminded me of this video...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c4psKYpfnYs

Granted I'll still have to build a motor, buy material to add to the chassis, rebuild trans and transfer and axles, I figured it'd be better to start with something than nothing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Bouncer Build

BUG-E J said:
Pics of what you have to start with would help.
I bet it's this beast.
9bb381954b832340617e8ae4c1a2e626.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Jtuck51 said:
I figured it'd be better to start with something than nothing

From what I've read so far.....You don't actually have any parts or a place to build it yet..... So in all reality you do have nothing.

Jtuck51 said:
Granted I'll still have to build a motor, buy material to add to the chassis, rebuild trans and transfer and axles, I figured it'd be better to start with something than nothing

On a more serious note, unless the doner chassis is damn near exactly what you need, you'll spend considerably more time and material making it work than if you just start from scratch.

Re: Re: Bouncer Build

Beerj said:
I bet it's this beast.
9bb381954b832340617e8ae4c1a2e626.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
If it is I'm retiring from wheeling. This was so revolutionary it was supposed to be destroyed to keep it out of the wrong hands and dominating every racing event on the planet.

There use to be a very capable bouncer / rail buggy that rode in gray rock years ago. Seems like it had rear steer rockwells and a propane bigblock. Il see if I ca dig some old photos up to help.

ForMud said:
Does anyone remember the story behind that pict? I've seen it a hundred times.
Use the search button, grasshopper

I don't want to spoil anything but Kel is working on a downgraded version of that chassis.

Latest posts