• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BS rules

patooyee

How come when the team rushes the field to celebrate a score in women's softball it is team unity and wholesome but when it is done in men's football it is excessive celebration and is penalized with one of the largest yardage penalties possible?

The excessive celebration penalty in football is one of the most abused BS calls I think I've ever seen. If a dude so much as smiles after he scores he is libel to get called on it.

J. J.

There is a line. I agree for the most part though. If a rain dance circle of aboriginal roots starts up and takes a lot of time, too much. If they want to display genuine excitement over an accomplishment, I'm all for it. If we ban certain types of celebration like dancing, it would be seen as racists, as whites can't dance. Easier to say no to it all for them thumb.gif laughing1
If you have seen the beginning of the movie "baseketball", this would all be hilarious as ****

You're probably not old enough to remember when pro football players made the princely sum of maybe 50k a year. When they played their whole careers in one city and lived there year 'round and many had summer jobs. Hall of famer Paul Hornung was villified for diving across the goal line when there was no one anywhere him, and he didn't do it again. I recall a very small DB who called himself Mighty Mouse and after being beaten ten plays in a row, would do a flexing pose in the middle of the field when he finally did make a play. Unfortunately, that sort of behavior is all too common today. Players were required to wear coats and ties when they travelled with the team and were expected to act like professionals. Today's players are for the most part overpaid overcoddled egomaniacs who have no appreciation for the fact that they are paid huge amouts of money for playing a kid's game. The attitude of being part of a priveleged class has trickled down to the college and even high school levels. I get so sick of seeing players doing their rehearsed and choreographed "celebrations" that I rarely watch football and never watch basketball anymore. I really doubt if a doctor would keep his hospital priveleges for long if he spiked his instruments and started dancing after successful surgery. Would a lawyer who jumped into the jury box and high fived the court reporter after a successful verdict not be slapped down by the judge for that kind of behavior? Plumbers, carpenters, roofers, mechanics and everyone else are expected to maintain a certain level professionalism while at their jobs, aren't we entitled to expect the same from athletes that's expected from us? Buncha damn spoiled rotten no class havin' punks. As far as women's softball is concerned, would you want to throw a flag on fifteen lesbians? A guy could get hormoned to death!! End of rant.

blacksheep10 said:
There is a line. I agree for the most part though. If a rain dance circle of aboriginal roots starts up and takes a lot of time, too much. If they want to display genuine excitement over an accomplishment, I'm all for it. If we ban certain types of celebration like dancing, it would be seen as racists, as whites can't dance. Easier to say no to it all for them thumb.gif laughing1
If you have seen the beginning of the movie "baseketball", this would all be hilarious as ****

10-4 on the racist part molaugh molaugh molaugh

I didn't really think about NFL when I originally posted. I guess I see your point there. I mainly just watch / follow college, partially for the reasons you mentioned. IE, it is difficult for me to get into a bunch of millionaires playing a game, that's why I don't watch baseball or any pro sport, really. These kids aren't millionaires playing a kids game though. They are gifted young athletes that can do with their bodies things that 99.999% of the general population can not to put themselves through school. There are guys a year or two older than them getting paid millions to do the same thing on the same stage with the same risks. They put their bodies and health on the line and can't get jobs because they are practicing 3 times a day starting at 4am. It is the athletic program and just about every other associated commercial interest EXCEPT the players that make the money off of what these kids do with their bodies and the risks they take. 90% of them will never see the end zone simply as a result of the position they play and the 10% that do may only see it on 10% or less of their attempts. So if they're a bit happy when they do I don't blame them a bit and don't begrudge them a little celebration as a result, especially seeing as how softball players get away with a lesbian orgy on the field every time they score and everybody watching is like, "what a great sentiment."

I'm not saying all the players should rush the field for every score. (Although it does take an entire team to score and I do not begrudge the rest of the players on the field at the time for celebrating.) Just that some of the calls for the penalty are bullshit and that continuity for justification to call it is all but nonexistent. Sometimes a guy can just hop around a bit and he's called whereas another guy can rush the stands and start signing bitches' tits and the refs are like, "What a stand-up young man." What was the one early this year where the guy just held out his arm on the way into the end zone and got called for it? That **** was gay. I saw about 30 celebrations today alone that were worse than that and none of them got called. I even liked Cam Newton last year yet I still wanted to wipe that eat-**** white-toothed grin off of his face every time he did something noteworthy. Why wasn't he ever called on that? I found that dumb-ass grin more offensive than 99.9% of all post-score celebrations I've ever seen on TV.

J. J.