• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BTF fusion finish up

I put the acc bracket system on, went to full stuff, tons of room. Put the rad back in, got a lower hose on it, the upper is a bit of a trick. It will be 2 piece, and I can't find any pieces at the shop that will make it go. I'm trying to get the upper mocked up so I can get the intake elbows and MAF with filter mounted. I think I'm going to start plumbing and wiring and get it running for now, worry about MM crossmember and skid and bottom skid/tcase shifters when it moves. I need to hear it run to motivate me.

IMG00016-20110808-1145.jpg

IMG00017-20110808-1145.jpg

IMG00018-20110808-1146.jpg

Hard to tell off my huge pics from my shitty blackberry, but that is a bracket that bolts to the 2 fuel rail bolts, 90's up and has a fork on it that the throttle cable nuts tight into and then another forked deal at the firewall for the cable to hit the pedal. Also mounting the intake tube hard piping to the valve cover today, and currently remaking the battery box. I need to move the seat back 1.625" so it hits the back of the "tub". The brakes are currently too close to you. Just ordered a bunch of fuel system stuff and hope to be in shape to fire it sometime this week if everything comes.
Also ordered a P and an N pump from PSC to use and mock my brackets with. An N mounts differently I've been told (by Lance) and I need to hammer that out on my brackets. Have a 24" heat sink that adds 2 quarts to the system coming too..It is all -8 and sits behind the grille 3" from the rad and gets first air. Should cool well.

^ laughing1
Got the battery box remade, harness in, manifolds on, one headlight mounted, aaarggg, throttle finalized, intake piping mount pieces bend up and poked, just need to weld. Next is exhaust, then MM crossmember plating that ties to the engine skid that ties to the front link mount crossmember. Off to work on my dad's truck, it quit at the parts store yesterday and we worked on it from 4 to 9 ::)

I went today and got some better pictures

Throttle cable mount
2011-08-10140048.jpg

2011-08-10140211.jpg

Steering rez
2011-08-10140222.jpg

Computer mount
2011-08-10140343.jpg

Intake
2011-08-10140121.jpg

Exhaust
2011-08-10135910.jpg

lookin good, but I'm laughing about when you have to blow it all apart for blasting and paint... Thats going to suck!

blacksheep10 said:
I've thrown lots of rattle cans at ****, even rustoleum on the last few.
This one is getting blasted and either powder or some good ass paint.

**** powder, if you ever have to fix a tube, a dent, add a tab, you have to bust out the grinder. Then if you cant get the grinder into some tight nook you are near proper ****ed.

after the salt car, you will never find me powdering a chassis. I'll powder pieces that need durability, need to look good but i know will never be modified by welding. like interior panels. But **** a powdered chassis.

where were you last year when my dad had Spitzer powder the rolling chassis for the salt car before we took delivery, I would of had you flap disk what seemed like the whole ****ing car.

I mean it was just a chassis, had no mounts, was a thousand man hours from done, and dad tell Spitzer its going to the salt so I want it powdercoated. I didnt know about it until it showed up. And I was like WTF, thats going to suck ass. Dad was like "why?" so I made him do a bunch of it. Call him, he'll tell you the same thing. **** powder on a chassis. Even a finished chassis IMO, because I remember everything i cut, modified, added, subtracted from my old buggy.

Yeah paint is more expensive in material out the gate, but long term, **** some powder.

InDaShop said:
where were you last year when my dad had Spitzer powder the rolling chassis for the salt car before we took delivery, I would of had you flap disk what seemed like the whole ****ing car.

I mean it was just a chassis, had no mounts, was a thousand man hours from done, and dad tell Spitzer its going to the salt so I want it powdercoated. I didnt know about it until it showed up. And I was like WTF, thats going to suck ass. Dad was like "why?" so I made him do a bunch of it. Call him, he'll tell you the same thing. **** powder on a chassis. Even a finished chassis IMO, because I remember everything i cut, modified, added, subtracted from my old buggy.

Yeah paint is more expensive in material out the gate, but long term, **** some powder.
I'm not debating that one bit. What I was getting at was that I'm going to shake it down in rust, then tear it apart. Seems like If I think it's functioning okay, it will be a selling point for a brand name chassis from a real shop with powder coat on it.
For one I'd keep, no thanks and I agree.

Cranked it tonight, heard the pump come on and check engine light acts normal. Few more small things to do and I'll put water and fuel in it and fire it. That will be a big motivating milestone. Biggest hurdle now is ps resi mounting. The 45 push locks that PSC sent are like 4" long each and trimming doesn't gain much. I'll have to tig up some fittings and mount the resi to the engine

I got a lot done yesterday, its ready to fire but I had to cut out and go to a seed bean/corn meeting with dad (we are farming a little together a little). I need to pour gas and water in it and push the start button. Today I worked all day and rushed home to come up and see the yankees/royals play. First pro ballgame in 20 yrs...and the saecond batter for yanks hits a homer as I type lol
Back at it tomorrow afternoon

Latest posts