• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Build #2

2DoorRunner

Traded my 4.3 swapped 2 door 4runner.

Now its time to build this RUST FREE '85 pickup. 35s, bumpers my buddy put on to make it a legal daily driver:puke:, spool, 4.88s, bored and cammed 22r, 15k on rebuild, and obviously a bobbed bed. The guy who did it said its bobbed like 16 inches.

Plans are histeer, build some bumpers, cage in the bed, sliders, RUF swap, and some kind of custom leaf pack in the rear. Unless i can figure out a way to do 63" chevs with this bobbed bed.
This one is staying nice, unlike my old rig:booo:

0710111927.jpg

0712112053a.jpg

0712112053.jpg

And the old rig, started as a stock 4runner, and was my first car. Sad day watching her go.

0611111501.jpg

0617111945.jpg

0617111949.jpg

Look into F150 springs for the rear, they dont hang out the back as far as the chevies.

Not a crinkled rusty pile like the 4runner was, but not a pretty mall crawler, that kind of nice:awesomework:

The license plate was my idea:haha:

Thanks i will do some searching! Just want to get it lower with some nice flex, and i completly forgot about the ford springs!

If anyone has a faily straight rust free bed i might be interested! This ones rusted and hacked up under the bed liner:booo:

No shocks on the rear of the 4runner, daily drove and wheeled it for months:redneck:

And no shocks on the front of the 85 because my buddy took them off when the bushings blew out. Barely even notice it because the springs are so stiff!

Took my bitch out for her first trip. Would have rolled if that friendly stump wasnt there to save my ass. Time for sliders!

In the process of rebuilding the front axle.

Just rebuilt the carb and got it running tonight. Bet the neighbors loved the straight pipe at 1130:redneck:

Tomorrow im going to figure out how to tune this thing.

Oh and bed is for sale. Not sure what they go for, so shoot me an offer.

Im thinking flat bed:cool:

A couple of the guys on here already know how much i change my damn ADD mind:rolleyes:

Broke my timing chain a couple months ago on my way to naches. Glad it didnt break on the trail!

Stayed at the shop WAY to late last night to get her running.

15k on a rebuilt motor, so i was curious as to why the timing chain broke. It seems that a combination of a broken crank pulley, and a scuffed up oil pump did it in.

Traded my buddy my 1.5" wheel spacers, for a timing cover, oil pump, and timing chain kit. Cant beat free!

Ready to buy my whore some new shoes so i can continue the beating:awesomework:

1109112021.jpg

And proof that it drives. My official parking spot at work:redneck:
1110111326.jpg

And a couple more to pic whore it up...
(Where the hell did all my naches pictures go:eeek:)
0822112018a.jpg

0718111948a.jpg

Got a screaming deal on a set of decent 33x12.5 swampers. 5 that are good, and a 6th that is toast. Im thinking a new set of steelies in the 15x8 2" BS flavor.

I think i confused him on how i planned on getting all these home:redneck:

I should also note, that is ONE ratchet strap:redneck::redneck:

The one hanging off the side confused some people.
And i found out that high school bitches dont like muddy trucks overloaded with tires. Weird huh?

ResizedImage951321410892408.jpg

Last edited:
Ghettonecked: To do something so sketchy and scary that I have to create a word combining "Ghetto" and "redneck" in order to describe it.

Congratulations........and High school bitches? How old are you?:eeek:

Like a said, budget:fawkdancesmiley:

They have about a 1/4 inch in the middle. The passenger front is completly ****ed. Bent a valve stem and couldnt air it up for 2 weeks. It was at about 8 or 9 psi. Kinda scary the way it handles with it on the front lol

I have another that needs a little bead repair, then it will replace that one.

I had money to buy deathcougars tires, but dental bills took care of that:booo:

Last edited:

Latest posts