• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Building house, house plans?

Can't believe you guys don't have basements down there. Man, I couldn't have a house without a basement. 9' walls poured with good footing and floor drains to daylight, even if you have to stick the house up out of the ground. Don't build on a flat piece or sump pump it. I prefer daylight drains. I have the dryest basement ever because my drain zero's out about 100' from the house. A slab doesn't sound like a problem to me, if it is done properly ??? All the commercial jobs we did (excavating) were fine, and last forever, just cost a little more to do right. The rub is the permits, inspections and standards are incredibly high around here. Slightly less so for residential, but they still watch pretty hard

Man, I wish land had Auburn prices around here. I'm looking at 3 acres for $60k............. :****:

I have to be 10000% sure I want this land. And with everything I do, I have buyer's remorse like a mofo on everything. I'm stingy with money, and I do mean stingy.

Want Land but have to build.......or wait and hope a house we like comes along. **** I hate changing homes.