• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Building the BK Compound

Re: Building the BK Lounge

I have just about decided to move the lower left window of the garage so it is centered under the peak of the roof.

The Garage Doors are both 8x10.

Vinyl siding for now and probably rock and hardy plank when we build the rest of the house. (If that ever happens)

Garage will not be heated and cooled but will all be insulated including the doors.

Ive never had a garage before. This is going to be awesome!

BustedKnucklefilms said:
I have just about decided to move the lower left window of the garage so it is centered under the peak of the roof.

The Garage Doors are both 8x10. Good, my boat will fit in there without tearing the sides off laughing1

Vinyl siding for now and probably rock and hardy plank when we build the rest of the house. (If that ever happens) Rock up to the bottom of the windows and vinyl the rest of the way up. Rock should be around $10/ sq ft thumb.gif

Garage will not be heated and cooled but will all be insulated including the doors. Vents in the garage will also let fumes in the house.

Ive never had a garage before. This is going to be awesome! Plumb it with air line for later. thumb.gif

Bring your boat and the keys and Ill take care of it. :driving:

I thought about going ahead and doing the rock but am worried if we decide to build the rest of the house 3 yrs down the road we wont be able to make it match?

I havent thought about airlines.......but it will have a 220 for my welder for sure. :dblthumb:

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Bring your boat and the keys and Ill take care of it. :driving:

I thought about going ahead and doing the rock but am worried if we decide to build the rest of the house 3 yrs down the road we wont be able to make it match?

I havent thought about airlines.......but it will have a 220 for my welder for sure. :dblthumb:
dont forget 220 for aircompressor as well. I have five 220v 50a drops in my 3 car garage. I planned for welder, plasma, air compressor, mill, and an extra by the front of the garage so I can weld in the driveway and not need 20 more feet of extension.

You don't necessarily have to install the compressor or welder right now, but it's a hell of a lot more convenient to run the lines now without sheetrock installed, and DO NOT USE CHINESE SHEEIT ROCK... Run chase pipes all over the place for speaker wiring, gas lines, wiring for hidden camera's, etc. flashemifyougotem flashemifyougotem

CHASMAN9 said:
You don't necessarily have to install the compressor or welder right now, but it's a hell of a lot more convenient to run the lines now without sheetrock installed, and DO NOT USE CHINESE SHEEIT ROCK... Run chase pipes all over the place for speaker wiring, gas lines, wiring for hidden camera's, etc. flashemifyougotem flashemifyougotem

this!!! you will thank him later!

dang greg you know your stuff!!

xjkrawler said:
this!!! you will thank him later!

dang greg you know your stuff!!

Thanks, but this is not my first goat roping and I believe Matt has been down this road before as well. thumb.gif

CHASMAN9 said:
Thanks, but this is not my first goat roping and I believe Matt has been down this road before as well. thumb.gif

yeah i hear ya... ive learned alot working for a home builder.....

mostly how to deal with bitchy customers.. ;D

Hope you left out an upstairs window so the drywall delivery guys can boom it in, gets expensive if they have to tote it up the stairs. :****:

And as long as you buy that stuff from a reputable store (not the elcheapo salvage store) it will be fine. Look for a UL stamp printed on the back, and a country of origin. The Chinese **** won't have either. thumb.gif

xjkrawler said:
yeah i hear ya... ive learned alot working for a home builder.....

mostly how to deal with bitchy customers.. ;D

They are only bitchy customers "IF YOU LISTEN TO THEM" :flipoff1:

Got the shingles on and all the rest of the windows in over the weekend. Marked off the kitchen and made some use of some dead space as a pantry. There is zero wasted space in this place. :dblthumb:

Should be wiring it all up later this week and doing the plumbing. :woot:

Matt,

Go to www.sunsetpremiumhardwoods.com

look under millwork at the catalog of different moulding profiles and let me know what you like, call me at 501-519-3677 and we can talk about how much you need
and what type of hardwood.

MSimpson said:
Matt,

Go to www.sunsetpremiumhardwoods.com

look under millwork at the catalog of different moulding profiles and let me know what you like, call me at 501-519-3677 and we can talk about how much you need
and what type of hardwood.

Thanks Mark. But I am on a Budget so I will probably be going with a laminate to keep cost down.

You go out to all these events and video, then go home and take your time to post them on you tube for all of us to remember the day.

I wasn't asking to quote the moulding for the house.

MSimpson said:
You go out to all these events and video, then go home and take your time to post them on you tube for all of us to remember the day.

I wasn't asking to quote the moulding for the house.

I love the 4x4 community. :dblthumb: