• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Building the BK Compound

Re: Building the BK Lounge

MSimpson said:
You go out to all these events and video, then go home and take your time to post them on you tube for all of us to remember the day.

I wasn't asking to quote the moulding for the house.

WOW, Thanks Mark. You are the Man! Ill give you a call tomorrow.

Its nothing. I love what I do. Filming is the next best thing to driving, so until I can afford a buggy....Ill be getting a lot of time behind the camera. :dblthumb:

Update:

The house is now most of the way wired. We plumbed it on Friday. Did all the HVAC work on Saturday.

Now its time for some Insulated Garage Doors, Insulation, and sheetrock. :woot:

Maybe Ill be in this place by XMAS!

Got a friend looking into to doing this same thing. Any more pics you have of building progress, post em up! Looks good!

TacomaJD said:
Got a friend looking into to doing this same thing. Any more pics you have of building progress, post em up! Looks good!

Thanks.

Here is a shot of a weekend worth of me and my pops installing 3000sf of Insulation.
393568_10100414132831351_7008660_51899547_1912904532_n.jpg

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Here is a shot of a weekend worth of me and my pops installing 3000sf of Insulation.

I'm surprised your lady let you live after the pic on FB. :****: molaugh

Working on Sheetrock all this week. One more coat then sanding and its time for paint!
All I want for xmas are Home Depot Cards.........Good thing I have their stock. :dblthumb:

308994_10100427289320641_7008660_51999102_421567424_n.jpg

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Its easy for me. I have more patience than I have money.....LOL

HA!

You finish that sheet rock? I HATE that ****. Looks good man. :dblthumb:

Draco said:
You finish that sheet rock? I HATE that ****. Looks good man. :dblthumb:

Easy as pie,
1st tape all the flat joints and coat the cornerbeads let them dry
2nd tape all the inside corners, put a coat on the screws/nails, put a coat on the taped joints, let dry
3rd coat one side of the inside corners, coat the screws, joints, and cornerbeads let dry
4th coat the other side of the inside corners, last coat on screws and joints let dry
5th sand, go rent a drywall vacuum sander well worth the money!
touchup after primer

Go with grante tile. Can get it cheap. Put it in my house and it was cheaper than laminate tops.

wontwork said:
Go with grante tile. Can get it cheap. Put it in my house and it was cheaper than laminate tops.

I have decided to go the concrete countertop route with some acid staining. Will be a lot of work but will be super cheap and look badass hopefully. :dblthumb:

All the counters like that have looked damn good. I think you'll like it. (and it's cheap! ;D )

I have to disagree with Haley on the granite tiles. Ihave it in my kitchen and hate it with a passion. Too many cracks and places for crap to hang up in. Go with poured in place concrete. Cheap and very durable. thumb.gif