• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Building the BK Compound

Re: Building the BK Lounge

Looking good man, finished product is going to be something to be proud of, especially doing as much as you have yourself, what part of the water are you located on?

nateb83 said:
Looking good man, finished product is going to be something to be proud of, especially doing as much as you have yourself, what part of the water are you located on?

We are on clear creek. Worked on Tiling the master bath today and getting the walk in shower all waterproofed. Its coming together slowly but surely!

Update.

Hardwood - Done
381562_10100508258832091_7008660_52350151_1239972338_n.jpg

Cabinets- Almost Done (waiting on appliances to be delivered)
407101_10100515828332751_7008660_52401850_1388836288_n.jpg

Electrical - Still have a few lights to hang but mostly done.
393848_10100526305027371_7008660_52463702_1835231739_n.jpg

Working on Acid Staining the Concrete floors this week. Might get to move in soon! :woot:

Update:

Got all the appliances in. Almost have the first countertop framed up and ready to pour.

Still need - Vinyl Siding, Rock, Concrete Countertops, stair treads, and maybe a concrete driveway.
Not to mention I gotta build the back deck and a boat dock this summer. :drinkers:

Anyone know a good Vinyl siding supplier? I got an estimate of 9k labor and all..... :eek: :eek: :eek:

-Matt

Jessies dad does siding and seamless gutters for a living, but thats a stretch of a drive for him. He may could get a deal on the materials though?

al1tonyota said:
What kinda rock you need :afro: I know where to get some on the low!!!
I don't think matt wants the kinda rock you like!

Re: Re: Re: Building the BK Lounge

ridered3 said:
Any updates on the lounge?
X2.. I hate that I just noticed this thread. Hopefully you ran all the low voltage wires you could possibly imagine you'd ever want(hanging TV's, entertainment centers, speakers, internet, ect..). Its a pain running them post sheetrock.

ridered3 said:
Any updates on the lounge?

Got the shower all finished up. I am pretty much living here now. We still have to Rock and side the exterior. I have been slowly making my concrete counter tops. I am super happy with how the first one came out. I have $100 in my first two counter tops! :****:
I will post some photos from my phone soon.

Things to do:
Rock
Siding
Porch
Landscaping
Driveway
Boat Dock
Finish countertops
Install sinks and fixtures
Install another light fixture or two.

Getting married in October so I gotta get this place finished up. :dblthumb:

I was told at lunch the other day that this place would be done by the wedding. Didn't come from your mouth but its a pretty good source!

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Things to do:
Boat Dock
Rock
Siding
Porch
Landscaping
Driveway
Finish countertops
Install sinks and fixtures
Install another light fixture or two.

You gotta get this list more prioritized! :dblthumb: ;D

I hear ya on the dock thing. I think I will just start out with a simple swim platform and walkway so I can leave the boat in the water. :dblthumb:

Here is a picture of my first Concrete Counter Top. Turned out great and only cost me $50. That is if you dont count the second one which broke.......I guess I needed more rebar around the sink.....
574763_10100743835095371_7008660_53385512_757225066_n.jpg

ridered3 said:
Looks great Matt! Want to come do some counter tops for me now?

No offense but HELL NO! ;D They take forever. This one weighed close to 300lbs. :****: I still have 4 more to do.....

After two attempts. Here is the final Kitchen countertop with drop in sink. ;D The first one broke, so I put a ton of rebar in this one and was very careful carrying it upstairs.
305526_10100800745012441_7008660_53640951_904773335_n.jpg

Got the Dishwasher, Sink, Garbage Disposal all wired and plumbed and working. I have a real kitchen now. Just need to finished the final counter top.

The siding folks are coming sometime in the next few weeks to get this thing wrapped with vinyl.