• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bump seat

Markrobinson

My wife and I have 3 kids and wheel a Nissan Pathfinder. It's a little narrower and shorter than a 4Runner. I'm looking at UTV seats.

I'm thinking about a rear bench or buckets and bump seat up front. Anybody have experience with these seats?

Before the wise cracks start, I had the flow turned off so I'm shooting blanks now. Three is plenty for us.

I've used rzr take outs (buckets) and there easy to mount and are cheap on eBay.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

ranger11 said:
I've used rzr take outs (buckets) and there easy to mount and are cheap on eBay.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I found some on marketplace and was considering them. Are they comfortable?

Markrobinson said:

i like my factory rzr 1000 seats. I think they are plenty comfortable for trail riding.

I also have a bump seat for my daughter. It works great for her. But pay attention to how it mounts if you put it in a vehicle. It is trapped in a rzr so it doesn't have a lot of rigidity. In a open vehicle you need one with as much bracing as possible :dblthumb:

Markrobinson said:

The seats in my 800s are not, uncomfortable, but could definitively be better. When looking for seats, try to find ones out of the 900's or 1000's that look more like typical race seats (more bolsters, side padding, harness cut-outs, etc). Even better, try to find a pair of seats with the sliders, and I'll buy the seat bases and sliders from you if you don't use them...

onetoncrawler said:
i like my factory rzr 1000 seats. I think they are plenty comfortable for trail riding.

I also have a bump seat for my daughter. It works great for her. But pay attention to how it mounts if you put it in a vehicle. It is trapped in a rzr so it doesn't have a lot of rigidity. In a open vehicle you need one with as much bracing as possible :dblthumb:

100% the bold portion of this quote. I bought a Polaris brand seat slider to put on the drivers seat of our 800s. Slider fit ok, but lost 2" of headroom and when the seat moves forward it gets wobbly since the seat is no longer trapped against the "firewall" portion of the RzR cab. So between the headroom issue and wobbly, the seat slider has been taken back out.

Thanks for the replies guys. I am seeing dealer take off seats on eBay cheap enough. I'm going to contact UTV Mountain and see about be mounts for bump seats. That seems like the ticket for our needs, paired with stock 1000, general, etc seats.

Patrick, I'll see if I can get you some sliders. I'll likely build the "b" pillar section of the rig now and mount the seats and harnesses to it.

Markrobinson said:
Thanks for the replies guys. I am seeing dealer take off seats on eBay cheap enough. I'm going to contact UTV Mountain and see about be mounts for bump seats. That seems like the ticket for our needs, paired with stock 1000, general, etc seats.

Patrick, I'll see if I can get you some sliders. I'll likely build the "b" pillar section of the rig now and mount the seats and harnesses to it.

Sounds good on a seat plan and possible sliders. I'm at just the right spot in the drivers seat of the RzR, but would like for her to be able to drive it some more without having to be stretched all the way out etc, so that's where sliders came into play.