• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buying from Amazon

wont work

Never bought anything from them and not sure how it works or if its a good idea.
Does factory warranty work if you buy from them?
Good or bad idea?
If something is wrong how do you go about getting it corrected?

Im looking at buying an air bag setup for my truck and its a great price on Amazon but can it be a scam?

http://www.amazon.com/Air-Lift-88275-LoadLifter-Ultimate/dp/B00B32DDKI/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1417462106&vehicle=2010-48-551------------1-0&sr=1-2&ymm=2010%3Agmc%3Asierra+2500+hd&keywords=Air+Lift+LoadLifter

Re: Buying fromAmazon

I buy something from Amazon weekly. It is awesome with a Prime account (free 2 day shipping on a ton, but not all items). The link you posted is sold by the actual company Air Lift, not amazon. Airlift will handle the warranty stuff.

My Prime account lists it as $320.99 shipped and will be here Wednesday, or $299+$16 shipping though "Autocare Depot". For me, Id pay the extra few dollars to get it direct from manufacture and have it in 2 days.

Re:

I dont buy much off there but have never had an issue with anything ive ever ordered from them. Dont have a prime account though.

Drew Pate
Cordova Al

I order all sorts of stuff from them all the time. Never have had an issue. I too have the prime account. I save waaay more than the $99 annual cost in shipping...
I have had to return things from time to time, and have never been given any grief....

Re:

Just finished all my Christmas shopping there a few minutes. ....Amazon is the Walmart of of the internet.

Also a prime member....pays for itself with shipping and free movies.

tonybolton said:
Just finished all my Christmas shopping there a few minutes. ....Amazon is the Walmart of of the internet.

Also a prime member....pays for itself with shipping and free movies.

Yup. Im gonna miss getting it for free with .edu email addresses. Ha

Last February I bought a Hamelton Beach food processor from Amazon. The processor quite working in October. I called Hamilton Beach, the rep. went through all the things that could be wrong but I had all the bases covered. The problem is the safety switch. Rep. told me to cut the cord and send a pic. to him. The replacement arrived about five days from when I sent the pic.
Up till last year you would not be paying taxes on your purchases but they have started collecting for the Gov. now. Roll Tide

mna0121 said:
Last February I bought a Hamelton Beach food processor from Amazon. The processor quite working in October. I called Hamilton Beach, the rep. went through all the things that could be wrong but I had all the bases covered. The problem is the safety switch. Rep. told me to cut the cord and send a pic. to him. The replacement arrived about five days from when I sent the pic.
Up till last year you would not be paying taxes on your purchases but they have started collecting for the Gov. now. Roll Tide

I have never paid taxes on any purchase from Amazon.

Re:

They had to start collecting in TN since they have a huge ass distribution center here.

I pretty much buy everything I can from them. Car parts included.

I just bought 2 1410 Spicer life u joints and a slip yoke for my duramax, $20 cheaper on the slip yoke (dorman part) and $25/each for the joints, 2 day shipping. Can't beat that.

Returns are quick and easy too

Just finished up buying Christmas for the wife. I have had nothing but good luck with amazon, I buy most of my electronics from them and a good bit of car parts.....

They only collect taxes in the states they have distribution centers or offices in. It just started in Florida this year. :( still buy a lot from them.

I have a conveyor belt running from amazon to my front porch! I had some stuff shipped from japan. Went through nine ports over six days, had stamps all over it. Shipped free! Go figure.