• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Buying from Amazon

I've worked at one of their middle tn locations on a few occasions. If you think the airport is bad, wear your steel toes or carry a utility knife in there. I was setting doors and with security and the massive parking lot, if your forgot a bit out in the truck, it was 30 minutes plus to walk out to the truck and back.

As to ordering, my wife has prime and gets stuff constantly. Never an issue

What I don't understand is it has the price listed. Then it says 55+ for how ever
Much cheaper and there all from different sketchy sounding web sites. What's up with that?

wannabe said:
What I don't understand is it has the price listed. Then it says 55+ for how ever
Much cheaper and there all from different sketchy sounding web sites. What's up with that?
Other suppliers often no free shipping but prices can make up for it I have orders places on a Fri night and at the house Mon after I get off from work.

wannabe said:

Amazon fills some orders directly, but it also acts as a marketplace for other distributors.

Sometimes you can save some big money by selecting a different supplier. You may have to wait longer for shipping, but in my case I don't usually have to pay taxes from the alternate supplier (as they are out of state from me, and Amazon is not)

FYI Optima batteries are stupid cheap on Amazon compared to anywhere else.

I prefer the blue top starting/deep cycle. Had good luck with them on a few different rigs.

http://www.amazon.com/Optima-Batteries-8016-103-FFP-BlueTop-Starting/dp/B006QH55YM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417497646&sr=8-1&keywords=optima+blue+top

I bought a battery shut off switch from one of their listed get it cheaper from...... "used" when I received it the switch was brand new still in its original package. It was enough cheaper than the new ones I took a chance on it, guess I won that one. RTR

LOVE AMAZON!

BUT....yes, buyer beware on prices. I have seen best pricing on Amazon higher than local prices quite often. But then again, Prime w/ free delivery equals saved HASSLE!!!
We have an amazon box on the front door step 4-5 out of 7 days a week right now. Amazon don't give a fawk!

Amazon has the coolest ****

BaDonkaDonk Land Cruiser, only $19,999
51FBH0ARF2L._SX425_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/JL421-Badonkadonk-Land-Cruiser-Tank/dp/B00067F1CE/ref=pd_sbs_indust_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=0N3FF5YDV91QMAZW9BXS

tonybolton said:
Now that we've established Amazon is the awesomest place ever....lets start talking about "product reviews".....

This one is always a classic.....

http://www.amazon.com/The-Mountain-Three-Short-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A#customerReviews

..and...

http://www.amazon.com/Images-SI-Uranium-Ore/dp/B000796XXM/ref=cm_lmf_tit_1#customerReviews

I could read people shitting themselves in hilarious ways in public places stories for hours. And Ye shall receive.
http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Free-Gummy-Bears/dp/B008JELLCA/ref=sr_1_3?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1417530229&sr=1-3&keywords=haribo+sugar+free+gummy+bears

my wife bought some. I could eat 10 before my stomach sounded like a semi was trying to drive out from any direction possible. You guys ought to try them. You can **** some peole up, and its funny.

Wife got some amazon gift cards from work, she is a nurse and gets redemable points for wearing a pedometer and other healty related stuff, got 90% of christmas already bought and wrapped up. Free is good. She checked on some of the stuff she bought on saturday and on cyber monday it was more expensive, one $18 toy was over $40!

But yeah we do buy some stuff from amazon and never had a bad experience, which I can't say about emeffin ebay.

Bought some heims and bungs, had them in two days, the company that filled the order wrote me to make sure i was satisfied and to see if i would write a comment on the site. I did...L

Shunt. I had to buy something off eBay the other week. And the damned items shipped through Amazon! LOL.
Ironically, they shipped the item TWICE, and then after I received it, they sent me a UPS return label asking me to return the mix-up. Said they don't actually see the items, it's drop-shipped from a warehouse.

I don't hate Amazon, but I do not support it. It is the new walmart, and now even the storefronts that killed small business are now suffering from this type business.... I mean, for a company like USPS to threaten for decades to shut it's doors on Saturday, to all of the sudden start delivering happily on Sundays... Sounds like they made a deal with the devil. aka Amazon.

I just see Amazon as providing a means to get goods from the producers to the consumers more efficiently, and it saves me money.

It is even more unreasonable now for a store to keep tons of inventory for customers to browse, if I can find what I want online, and have no reason to buy said item from a "brick and mortar" store (maintenance/service/support), then I'm going to buy it from the vendor with the lowest price... which may be Amazon