• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Cage failures

If your not an expert, you won't be able to tell. the steel should have the material type printed on it. sometimes i can't tell and i know them well.

DOM weather it be HR or CR will not have a visible seam. thats the hole, drawn over mandrel process.

A simple MTR required with delivery will alleviate any questions. That said MTR are just representative samples of a rolling.

I really don't understand the material arguments here. Everything will fail when pushed beyond it's design limits. A bent or dented tube is going to happen in a roll. Bottom line is if the cage saves your life it did it's job. All these fancy materials are great, but in all honesty the retards building cages on $500 piece of **** toyota's would be better off with a catastrophic cage failure.

I really don't understand the material arguments here. Everything will fail when pushed beyond it's design limits. A bent or dented tube is going to happen in a roll. Bottom line is if the cage saves your life it did it's job. All these fancy materials are great, but in all honesty the retards building cages on $500 piece of **** toyota's would be helping society out by removing their malformed cromozomes from the gene pool due to a catastrophic cage failure.

Fixed

Last edited:
I really don't understand the material arguments here. Everything will fail when pushed beyond it's design limits. A bent or dented tube is going to happen in a roll. Bottom line is if the cage saves your life it did it's job. All these fancy materials are great, but in all honesty the retards building cages on $500 piece of **** toyota's would be better off with a catastrophic cage failure.

Actually, there isn't much argument over material here, But a good source of information.

We have listed most of the materials people use and think of using. Now they can use this and make an informed decision.

So what's the general concensus on in-cab cages that have a bolt in sleeve such as the all pro kit. I think as long as you're sleeve is tight and still at least .100 with min. 5/16" bolts it should be alright. lets here it...