1166563675_Bw8wN-L.jpg

1166563749_a7UZs-L.jpg

1166564367_qcrz2-L.jpg

1166564833_5QpYo-L.jpg

1166565456_XBPiX-L.jpg

1166567730_xaBxr-L.jpg

1166567927_QqRFJ-L.jpg

1166568029_szVtE-L.jpg

The buggy looks great, comfortable and very strong. Looks like it will take a nice beat-down.

Joel, don't forget AC and Pops in the Thank You list.....

wngrog said:
Joel, don't forget AC and Pops in the Thank You list.....

Thanks to AC and Pops for their work on getting it rolling for us and setting up the 4 link. :dblthumb:

blacksheep10 said:
Will the scoop give the rad enough or do you thing you'll have to drill a few holes to give it some breath

Kelly there will be a scoop on the roof to direct air down in as well. I have said all along that it will not cool, but everyone else tells me I am wrong. Yesterday on the test runs I pushed it pretty good and it cooled very well. We will know more this weekend, we are getting it out and are going to try to put about 80-90 miles on it Saturday. If it does not cool as good as expected it is a pretty easy fix with some holes cut in the firewall.

There will be a small scoop but it's really not even needed. The radiator has about 5 inched between the wall and the radiator so it pulls plenty air. Not to mention the the volume of the system was almost doubled with the long coolant lines. I ran it for about an hour today, 30 minutes idling then ran it in the parking lot for a while pretty hard and it never got over 180.

while I agree that the distance off the wall with the added volume, scoop and fans ought to do the job, nothing you can do running around some woods in the nice temps can replicate what desert racing at say, the stampede can throw at it short of throwing a blanket over the rad and doing a 10 minute dyno pull wide open. Either way, I doubt you will overheat it as long as you are moving, it has a scoop and clean air if going :woody:

I tend to agree that it may need some scoops, idle temps are on thing but but an hour or two on it running hard and see. That is when my trans started getting hot. We had to add more dimples in the skins, mobe it off the rear firewall and duct some air going down to it.

It already has an opening in the roof and a scoop in the middle of the firewall to duct air in. Chris has not finished the roof scoop yet that will catch the air and duct it down. This weekend we will get it out and stretch it out for some long runs and see how everything cools.

The ram air scoop is only really used when driving anyway, just to force air were we want it. Again I believe we will have plenty of air volume through the radiator but we will see this weekend. I think between the 4 of us going we can run it long enough to give use a real world example to go with.

Don't forget that when Joel rolls it and knocks the lights and the scoop off about 1/3 into the first lap, you may need a back-up plan to all that stuff up on the roof.

Just sayin :D

wngrog said:
Don't forget that when Joel rolls it and knocks the lights and the scoop off about 1/3 into the first lap, you may need a back-up plan to all that stuff up on the roof.

True statement, lots of stuff on the roof to get crushed in a rollover

wngrog said:

Don't forget the radio antenna either. laughing1

The light bar will only be on later in the race, at least thats how I would do it. Then put it on the last pit before it gets dark.

Well we took it out today and put some miles on it. It rides and handles great. Cooling does not look like an issue either. We do have a bad vibration in the front driveshaft. We had to do a pillow block and something is not quite right. It comes on about 55 mph. You can drive through it and it is not as bad, I had it at 70 mph and you could hear it but it was not as bad sounding. You cannot really feel it vibrate, but you can hear it. We need to sort that out and I think we will be good.