• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Camper Woes

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So as some know my camper was badly damaged when it fell durring a storm. Well with a new set of jacks it could still probably be used but I am to the point that I want a newer one anyways--heck I am going to be lucky if the tow rig lasts more than one run over east. But anyways have any of you guys out there gone and purchased a new camper and from where? WHo is good to deal with and who isnt?
I might end up going with another used one--something a lil newer (in which case I will be having a free camper for somebody)...

All I know is a friend was selling a almost new one for like $7K. But guess it was alum, and fiberglass. Light weight and loaded to the max with goodies. Not sure what a new new one runs..

Kelly said:
They can cost up to 35k new....its crazy.

I've seen higher. But I would say minimum for a new one, expect to pay close to 10k. But thier just like car dealers you can talk them down if you play your cards right.

I just bought a new camper in September. After doing alot of looking I went with a 2006 Arctic Fox 990 Wet bath. Here is a link to the manufacturer. http://www.northwoodmfg.com/2006/fox_camper.htm
I purchased it from Apache Camping Center in Everett, They gave me a really good deal from what I had seen on the same model(Still more than I was expecting to pay for a camper)

I have been looking at these lately cause my boss is selling his and I can get a great deal on it the thing is hoooge but im just worried about towing with it in the bed of my truck. How sketchy are those extend a reciever hitch thingys

blownblue said:
I have been looking at these lately cause my boss is selling his and I can get a great deal on it the thing is hoooge but im just worried about towing with it in the bed of my truck. How sketchy are those extend a reciever hitch thingys
Thats on reason I want a 8ft or 9ft camper because I don't wana deal with any type of extension.... Plus I am REALLY hoping to get a new tow rig--more like I am to the point of needing one....

Jay W said:
You can get a pretty nice used one for $4-6K.

As much as I would love a new one I really don't think it will happen. But I have never had a problem getting used stuff and fixing it up(except when it comes to my toy,lol)

IF you decide to look at new unit, the SnowRiver's are the BEST units out there. I was heavily looking at campers before I decided to go the route I am (look for details/pics tomorrow) and did LOTS of research. I also have two friends in the RV industry at shops that do NOT sell the Snow River's and they said they're the most well built units out there.

John

blownblue said:

I run the Super Hitch with extension and they are stout. I haul a 20ft enclosed trailer with the buggy or quads in it with no issues at all. I was very nervous at first but they work very well. http://www.torklift.com/p.php?w_page=superhitch

A friend of mine has an old Dodge RV that he wants to get rid of. It runs and drives just needs a gas tank. All the plumbing/stove/heaters work on it. It has the 400 or 440 wedge motor I can't remember.

He's asking $3K

KarlVP said:
A friend of mine has an old Dodge RV that he wants to get rid of. It runs and drives just needs a gas tank. All the plumbing/stove/heaters work on it. It has the 400 or 440 wedge motor I can't remember.

He's asking $3K

Thanks but I need a pickup more than I need a full awn Rv,lol....

with my 10.5 camper, I didn't need an extention, if you have enough drop on the hitch (meaning my truck was tall enough)....everything cleared just fine...

to be completely honest there is only one camper i would buy for the northwest. and S&S they are built in billings, montana. i have one and it works great did the lance thing and it sucked insualtion was crappy. artic fox's are built in cali and are not built for up here. the S&S will do you good for years to come. good building materials well worth it!