• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Camper Woes

PM motornoggin over on Pirate
he works on a RV lot down here in portland
they get used units in
Hell I wheel with his wife.........:clappy:
Real nice guy

Ever thought flat bed, haul the toy and pull a trailer....
Twice as much room for the money........said ya needed a truck anyway?
Just my 2 cents..............works for me.

--toyguy--- said:
to be completely honest there is only one camper i would buy for the northwest. and S&S they are built in billings, montana. i have one and it works great did the lance thing and it sucked insualtion was crappy. artic fox's are built in cali and are not built for up here. the S&S will do you good for years to come. good building materials well worth it!

Where did you get that info? Arctic Fox campers (Northwood Mfg) are built in La Grande, OR.

Comet said:
Here's one down the street from you. $600

http://seattle.craigslist.org/car/150074417.html

So I went and looked at this one on my way home and I was impressed. for the age its in really good shape and everything works . It puts mine to shame before it fell over. I think with a lil TLC it will do me fine. The only downside is its like 1800#'s. But I have no idea what mine is for refernce.....

I have never seen windoes like this...

Attachments

• camper1.jpg
    camper1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 171
crash said:
So I went and looked at this one on my way home and I was impressed. for the age its in really good shape and everything works . It puts mine to shame before it fell over. I think with a lil TLC it will do me fine. The only downside is its like 1800#'s. But I have no idea what mine is for refernce.....

Mike, I have been looking a bit here of late, and most start at about 1400 empty, for a non self contained...

signed, lil green redneck dude!:redneck:

Mikey...

something I found...

dunno what (specifically) what tow rig you're looking at....

but somewhere in the late 90's, I think ALL pickups went to a narrower opening at the back where the tailgate is, and older campers w/ side boxes etc.. won't all fit..

I found a BITCHIN' camper down the street from me a few months ago, a real light, real short (for my shortbed P/U), for $400......I went to buy it, but it wouldn't fit in my P/U...

just FYI...

--B

Berne said:
Mikey...

something I found...

dunno what (specifically) what tow rig you're looking at....

but somewhere in the late 90's, I think ALL pickups went to a narrower opening at the back where the tailgate is, and older campers w/ side boxes etc.. won't all fit..

I found a BITCHIN' camper down the street from me a few months ago, a real light, real short (for my shortbed P/U), for $400......I went to buy it, but it wouldn't fit in my P/U...

just FYI...

--B

I know the dodges are narrower in the bed than fords/chevs. That was another reason why I think I am going to get another older one and then upgrade once I get a newer rig..

"I don't think" its just the dodges....

think the superduties and the newer body chev's are the same way...

and its no big deal if you get a camper that doesn't have the side boxes behind the wheelwells...

Berne said:
"I don't think" its just the dodges....

think the superduties and the newer body chev's are the same way...

and its no big deal if you get a camper that doesn't have the side boxes behind the wheelwells...

I know the second gen dodges are narrower at the fenderwells than the chevs and fords... My camper I have now probably would not fit into a 2nd gen dodoge..