• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Can I haz deezul?

TBItoy said:
Id get a dually too.

Next tow rig I buy will be crew cab dually, no question.
X2 I would love a crew cab dually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Gonna be that guy and ask why you think you've outgrown a gasser? Are you pulling two rigs or just your buggy?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The newer Duramax and Ford diesel engines have a CP4 injector pump which fail often on tuned and deleted trucks. The lift pump with filters solves it, and is a very good thing, one expensive upgrade you don't have to pay for.

onepieceatatime said:
Gonna be that guy and ask why you think you've outgrown a gasser? Are you pulling two rigs or just your buggy?

Right now it's just my buggy but before long, I will be pulling her yj as well.

TBItoy said:
Id get a dually too.

Next tow rig I buy will be crew cab dually, no question.
I'm just not sure if the pro's outweigh the con's. Payload and stability go up, but drive through anything is damn near impossible and that's 6 tires to buy. I should also mention, this next truck will be my dd as well. At least for the foreseeable future.

yankster said:
The newer Duramax and Ford diesel engines have a CP4 injector pump which fail often on tuned and deleted trucks. The lift pump with filters solves it, and is a very good thing, one expensive upgrade you don't have to pay for.

I guess that's good and bad. It's been upgraded to potentially allow the previous owner to beat on it. Lol

I would never buy a tuned car or truck unless it was done or owned by a reputable shop or person with full records and taken amazing care of.

There are too many shitty "tuners" out there that ruin engines and transmissions.

If you are going to delete and tune your truck, I urge you to pay for it up front and do it right by the best there is or pay triple for it later in repairs and doing it right the second go around.

Beerj said:
Right now it's just my buggy but before long, I will be pulling her yj as well.
I'm just not sure if the pro's outweigh the con's. Payload and stability go up, but drive through anything is damn near impossible and that's 6 tires to buy. I should also mention, this next truck will be my dd as well. At least for the foreseeable future.

I guess that's good and bad. It's been upgraded to potentially allow the previous owner to beat on it. Lol

I towed 2 rigs on a bumper pull trailer with a CCSB SRW 2500HD many many miles all over the SE, it was also my DD at the time. Never had an issue or "oh ****" moment.

BUT after towing with a similar CCLB DRW, I can say it makes a very noticeable difference in stability.

The only place Ive ever found a dually to keep me out of a drive through was the stupid McDonalds in Sparta, TN (they put tall curbs to make it one "lane" that is too narrow), and drive through banks (but I only go to the bank 3 or 4 times a year max)

A short bed SRW truck is a good compromise though, makes a nice DD.

I know you said it doesn't have a hitch in it but I know of several occasions that a local dealership has pulled the hitch and installed a new plastic bedline to make it look fresh and new. When looking at a newer truck with those miles I would lay under and make sure there isn't a hole in the bed to make sure it hasn't been used as a hot shot rig.. Just sayin

zayne2427 said:
I know you said it doesn't have a hitch in it but I know of several occasions that a local dealership has pulled the hitch and installed a new plastic bedline to make it look fresh and new. When looking at a newer truck with those miles I would lay under and make sure there isn't a hole in the bed to make sure it hasn't been used as a hot shot rig.. Just sayin
That particular truck is linexed. I know what you mean though, there was an 08 I was checking out. Had one of the rubber mats in the back covering a few 2" holes in the bed.
TBItoy said:
I towed 2 rigs on a bumper pull trailer with a CCSB SRW 2500HD many many miles all over the SE, it was also my DD at the time. Never had an issue or "oh ****" moment.

BUT after towing with a similar CCLB DRW, I can say it makes a very noticeable difference in stability.

The only place Ive ever found a dually to keep me out of a drive through was the stupid McDonalds in Sparta, TN (they put tall curbs to make it one "lane" that is too narrow), and drive through banks (but I only go to the bank 3 or 4 times a year max)

A short bed SRW truck is a good compromise though, makes a nice DD.

Seems like every damn drive through up here is curbed and tight. Must be designed by prius drivers. By dumb luck I stumbled across a 2017 cummins CCSB SRW with 8500 miles at an extremely good price. It's not fully loaded or anything but I don't really need heated volume knobs or power license plate holder.

The 6.7 Dodge has a huge issue with emissions, I know of 6 counting my old one. My cats were shot by 36k, and constantly had CELs the dealership wouldn't do anything about. I went to several dealerships and they all had months worth of waiting lists. I traded the 2014 CCLWB Dually in on a 2015 CCLWB Dually. The Ford pulls better, rides better, and is quiter. The Dodge got better mpg stock, and had a nicer interior. However I didn't know the 2011+ Fords have an issue with the radiator cracking on the drivers side. At 50k, mine started to leak and there isn't a cheap fix. I've heard the auto parts store radiators crack within a year too. The only "fix" is the $950 Mishimoto aluminum radiator. Now I'm considering trading it in in Sept when the new models come out. If Ford can't do better than $1500 rebate, I plan to go look at a GMC. It pisses me off paying 40k for a truck with a radiator that fails in under a year, and is not covered under warranty.

I wouldn't say 6.7 Cummins have a huge issue. All of the new diesels have issues.

The place I work at now has a couple of 6.7 Cummins trucks with around 150k trouble free miles. And they're both worked hard. When I was working for myself transporting cars I had a couple of them that I put around 100k miles on each of them trouble free.

Re: Re: Can I haz deezul?

MoparMan said:
I wouldn't say 6.7 Cummins have a huge issue. All of the new diesels have issues.

The place I work at now has a couple of 6.7 Cummins trucks with around 150k trouble free miles. And they're both worked hard. When I was working for myself transporting cars I had a couple of them that I put around 100k miles on each of them trouble free.
I don't have much experience with pickups and new diesels but I know with semis the harder you work a newer truck with all that emissions stuff the less problems you'll have because your burn all the junk up in the exhaust. When I was hauling fuel I was running 80k 50% of the time I was driving because I was either full or empty and when I was full I was always at max capacity so the truck was worked hard. Now that I haul equipment and I'm not at 80k as much I notice the truck regens a lot more because it's not working as hard as my old on. At least that's my theory. So if you're gonna get a new diesel pickup and your not gonna be towing heavy enough for it to really feel a load on it quite often then it'll probably help for you to drive it like you stole it everyday if that makes sense.

onepieceatatime said:
I don't have much experience with pickups and new diesels but I know with semis the harder you work a newer truck with all that emissions stuff the less problems you'll have because your burn all the junk up in the exhaust. When I was hauling fuel I was running 80k 50% of the time I was driving because I was either full or empty and when I was full I was always at max capacity so the truck was worked hard. Now that I haul equipment and I'm not at 80k as much I notice the truck regens a lot more because it's not working as hard as my old on. At least that's my theory. So if you're gonna get a new diesel pickup and your not gonna be towing heavy enough for it to really feel a load on it quite often then it'll probably help for you to drive it like you stole it everyday if that makes sense.

Funny you should say that. When I purchased my last truck I briefly kicked around the idea of a diesel then. It was actually the salesman that mentioned them having issues if not used to haul much. At that time, I was only figuring on pulling a single 18' bumper pull so I knew I could get away with a gasser.

I've considered just finding an older truck to just use to haul with but I'm figuring on a couple of 12 hr trips per year. Not looking to deal with issues then.

Apparently I can haz deezul. Bring on the dodge flaming, I can handle it.
d187a18c138b6d1b6c730b17467dcec4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Yeah them extra filters is a good thing and to me shows the other owner was trying to take care of it. Sounds like most upgrades that need to be done to a 15 model anyway I wouldn't be too scared of it, some people just want new trucks every few years

Latest posts