• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

CHK. D1 chassis build

N2Offroad said:
Damn, Wag! Chassis is looking good! Looks like me and you will be on the same time schedule to roll ours outta the shops. You going to have it painted and ready by new years or just ready for shake down runs? I said F#c^ looks until after riding season winds down. I'm rolling mine out first of Dec. to be tuned in B'ham. After that she's beating the trails until next summer. I guess I'll have to talk to Brad and get some RC Mafia stickers cause she'll be ugly until next summer when weather gets too hot to ride!
Just gonna see how it goes. Love to be finished with everything by New Year's but not gonna rush it. Might test her out at the ridge and then paint. Who knows ;D

I may be wrong but when I was over there last week I think I was told 48", has plenty of room and very easy to get in and out of

im glad to see this post on the second page. that means everyone is working on it and not webbing. i hope its ready for the shake down on new yrs eve

Is this going to be ready for new years :eat: I haven't got to ride in several weeks and ready to head to Crusher Ridge and see a few guys new rigs in action

nateb83 said:
Is this going to be ready for new years :eat: I haven't got to ride in several weeks and ready to head to Crusher Ridge and see a few guys new rigs in action
Yeah, won't be all the finished but we're gonna try to test and break it in half!!!

kmcminn said:
how did it do

Had some fuel pump issues ( I dropped the ****ing thing in the floor and broke the plastic nipple off kind of issue) hopefully she'll be ready to crank today booyang
Had a few cans of Burnt Copper spray paint to spray on just to see what it would look like. Gonna go with something close to this color

IMG_0133.jpg

HELL YEA .........Gary + LIGHT WEIGHT + ORI MUSHIN MASHERS is gonna be interesting FO SHO :****:

OLD JEEP WAS TOUGH.......BUT HEAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVY :flipoff1:

it is for a customer if he lets gary drive i hope its got full cov. insuarnce lol :driving: :****:

Re: CHK. D1 chassis build

CSMITH said:
I think this rig belongs to Justin Wagnon
Correct! This buggy belongs to Justin Wagnon. Trust me he will beat on it just has hard as anybody! :driving:

na he wont beat on her as hard as i will but he will smack the **** out of her

yes he has the best full coverage u could ask for with me driving it { I BREAK I FIX} all but the stub shaft that is ready to snap lol

Re: CHK. D1 chassis build

B.DRAKE said:
Correct! This buggy belongs to Justin Wagnon. Trust me he will beat on it just has hard as anybody! :driving:

KXCRAWLER13 said:
na he wont beat on her as hard as i will but he will smack the **** out of her

yes he has the best full coverage u could ask for with me driving it { I BREAK I FIX} all but the stub shaft that is ready to snap lol

You damn right I'm gonna beat the hell out of it...just not sure I can punish equipment the Garry does though. He's got a way of making a rig beg for mercy :woot: It should be fully pressure checked at least :eek:

Been awhile since I updated this thread. After about I think 5 broke ring and pinions in about 6 rides I decided to build a 14 bolt front. Should have done it to begin with I guess. So I drug it back over to Gary's and he helped me and let me use his shop to do the work thumb.gif Also I'd like to thank Ryan and Chase at East Cost Gear Supply. Ordered all my parts from them for a really fair price. Great customer service.

While it was down I decided to go ahead and strip it down for paint and finsh out the skins. Didn't take near as many pictures as I wanted to but here are a couple.

Iphone4026.jpg

Iphone4027.jpg

The chassis is Firemist Copper Metallic and the skins are Graphite. Turned out pretty good I thought for my first real paint job.

With work and the heat I've only taken it out once since it was finished. We went to Wheelin In The Country back at the end of July. The buggy worked great and did pretty much everything I wanted it to do. Went ahead and flipped it for the first time on that trip too.

Iphone4037.jpg

It was on The Ledges. Grabbed traction all of a sudden while I was sitting on about 5 grand trying to go up the middle and the front end shot straight up and left. I was on my lid before I knew it. The fuel cell straps were too thin and one broke so I making some new ones. Ready to go beat on it this weekend at Gray Rock :woot: